AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Property of Zack News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 190.
12:37 PM on 02/15/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'd say Japandroid - CR, Frank Turner - EKMB, Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues, Mansions - Dig Up Your Dead, Portugal. The Man - In The Mountains In The Clouds. I know it's soon but I'd throw Frightened Rabbit - Pedestrian Verse in there too it is just brilliant start to finish.
That album's so good it makes other music so far look pathetic.

12:38 PM on 02/15/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Frank Ocean and Kendrick will be most remembered from 2012 mainstream-wise.
i agree. in a critical sense those will be the two albums from this year that will be seen on lists for years to come.
12:38 PM on 02/15/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fun, hands down, has 2012 locked up. "We Are The Young" was the biggest song of the year.
fun didn't have the critical reception though that will lead to it being thought of as a classic like the other records are.
12:41 PM on 02/15/13
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Manchester Orchestra - Mean Everything To Nothing
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
fun didn't have the critical reception though that will lead to it being thought of as a classic like the other records are.
So? It was one of the biggest mainstream breakouts this scene has EVER seen. It will be a classic.
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
PoZ has seriously been on top of it with extra little features and articles like this lately. Well done, Zack.
Dbollus
djdbollus.tumblr.com
User Info.
Good to see Gospel on that list. I've been enamored with that album ever since its release and it feels like it never got the level of recognition it deserved. I think it's miles beyond anything The Wonder Years have done.
12:42 PM on 02/15/13
Jason Tate
User Info.

What?! Haha. Yes it did.
12:42 PM on 02/15/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Haha, exactly. We started the list at 2010. Man, I was only 12 when Black Parade came out?

That is hilarious.
12:44 PM on 02/15/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
That album sort of marks when I began to be a "loser" in school. Everyone started moving past liking blink, and I was like, fuck yeah MCR and TBS! "You emo ***" = the most popular way to insult for me about five years
12:46 PM on 02/15/13
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Fun, hands down, has 2012 locked up. "We Are The Young" was the biggest song of the year.

Oh yeah, I meant them too but since they were already mentioned I forgot to include them.
Erik the Orange
What do they know about friends?
User Info.
That album sort of marks when I began to be a "loser" in school. Everyone started moving past liking blink, and I was like, fuck yeah MCR and TBS! "You emo ***" = the most popular way to insult for me about five years
You're still a loser to me. <3
harveyn590
User Info.
the only one remotely close to being remembered in 7 years is fun.
True, to be remembered in 7 years you must create something that is unique, different and really, an individual statement. I think this is the only album here that does that. But just, my opinion of course
12:47 PM on 02/15/13
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
I think this is meant to be looked at as "cult classics" (Deja for example), not mainstream classics. Dont really see how anybody hear could take this any other way.

Anyway, the only one I agree with is Separation.
12:49 PM on 02/15/13
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
User Info.
So? It was one of the biggest mainstream breakouts this scene has EVER seen. It will be a classic.
I think it depends on how we define "classic". In 1997 the band Days of the New was #1 on Billboard Mainstream Rock for 16 straight weeks.. Not sure we consider them a classic though..

I feel fun. will be similar.. Those that are in the scene that knew of them prior to their exposure will continue on and think of them as classic, whereas true mainstream (with their short attention) will move onto the next fad..

Just my opinion though
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums