Username
Password

07:20 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
Anytown, U.S.A.
Male
Haha Thanks, man. I'll be sure to keep all of that in mind.
Word. Welcome aboard, btw.
07:30 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
07:40 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
Anytown, U.S.A.
Male
You...
07:51 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
Oshawa, Ontario
Male - 20 Years Old
I really need to watch Kubrick's filmography. As of now, I've only seen The Shining. I was going to watch 2001 not long ago, but then I saw my local theater is bringing it in next month so I've held off so that I can see it on the big screen for my first time. I also got A Clockwork Orange for Christmas but just haven't watched it yet.
07:56 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
josepablo32
Somos libres carajo!
Monterrey, NL
Male - 23 Years Old
Dude, get on to them. It sucks that there's a lot to watch and so little time.
08:03 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
Anytown, U.S.A.
Male
I really need to watch Kubrick's filmography. As of now, I've only seen The Shining. I was going to watch 2001 not long ago, but then I saw my local theater is bringing it in next month so I've held off so that I can see it on the big screen for my first time. I also got A Clockwork Orange for Christmas but just haven't watched it yet.
Watch A Clockwork Orange immediately. You won't regret it, or maybe you will, it's pretty fucked up haha. I love it though.
08:04 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
JosephTown'send
Excelsior Springs,...
Male - 18 Years Old

I think it's a smart move to hold off on 2001 until it gets to your theater, but I highly recommend getting to Clockwork as soon as you can.
08:13 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
Oshawa, Ontario
Male - 20 Years Old
My plan was to finally watch Clockwork this weekend. Afterwards, I'll probably go to the local library and grab as many of his films as I can find.
08:28 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
Eyes Wide Shut probably has the most basic premise of all Kubrick's films: Tom Cruise can't get laid.
08:41 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
I've only seen half of Kubrick's films. Need to step it up.
10:00 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Tetragrammaton
Male - 26 Years Old
Barry Lyndon doesn't get enough love generally, glad to see it recognized in here.

It is really fantastic stuff.

Kubrick has made some great films, but the esteem he is held in by some people is so perplexing. I assume it is because his films are in English.
07:31 AM on 02/16/13 
User Info.
Chris M.
I also need to see more of Kubrick's work. Only seen Full Metal Jacket and The Shining as of now.
08:50 AM on 02/16/13 
User Info.
secretsociety92
secretsociety92 for last.fm & Xbox
England!!
Male - 22 Years Old
A Good Day To Die Hard - 5/10

There are good points to it, the action and Bruce Willis are the main ones. However taking into account the cuts/editing, the direction, the mostly shoddy script, no decent supporting cast member and the fact it goes against most of what this series is about I would be fooling myself by giving it a higher rating. I love this series by the way, the first film is my all time favorite.
01:44 PM on 02/16/13 
User Info.
spadereef
A - K - Q - J - 10
Las Vegas, NV
Male - 28 Years Old
Lay The Favorite - 7/10

Far from perfect, but a pleasant surprise, maybe because I was expecting much worse based on the reviews (but come on, Bruce Willis in a gambling movie set in Vegas, Laura Prepon topless, from the director of High Fidelity, like I'm NOT going to see this movie...). My biggest complaint was the pacing, it just seemed like there wasn't much room for the film to breathe. There also wasn't much to the relationship between Rebecca Hall (my new future wife) and Joshua Jackson, and that hurt the plot a tad. Still, the movie was engrossing and definitely amusing, and sure, I'd watch it again, and not just the rooftop scene. I have to mention that Hall's performance is just great, and had the rest of the film caught up with her, it would have improved tenfold.
01:45 PM on 02/16/13 
User Info.
drewbaldy
phaynes1 sucks
Florida
Male - 29 Years Old
Understood, but do you actually let people justify their opinions or do you just automatically write those people off as stupid? I'm sure you guys can understand that some people have yet to develop a "better" taste in film, but they still have time to. I mean, shit, I'm only 17, and Criterions are expensive.

Nah. I don't post in here very often, but keep an eye on this thread. They are all a bunch of pretentious douches that like the smell of their own farts. No one is allowed to have their own opinion about movies. The motto of this thread should be "if it ain't indie, it ain't good." I like all movies and even understand that a lot of my favorite movies of all time are just outright terrible but I wouldn't dare bring that opinion in here. This forum is like rottentomatoes forums but a hell of a lot more douchey. So, with all that said you have been warned.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos