12:27 PM on 02/15/13
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
Face melt incoming
12:48 PM on 02/15/13
trevorshmevor
User Info.
I liked Leveler but for some reason Constellations was just so much more memorable. I think the riffs on that album were just stronger, but whatever they put out I will eat it up.

Could not agree with this more.
01:02 PM on 02/15/13
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
I liked Leveler but for some reason Constellations was just so much more memorable. I think the riffs on that album were just stronger, but whatever they put out I will eat it up.
i'm with you. constellations was NASTY in the riff department.
01:26 PM on 02/15/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Outside of the production, Leveler was a fantastic album. Can't wait for this one.

This, lacked oomph which for some reason made it less enticing for me to listen to over and over again.
01:46 PM on 02/15/13
sharpie_77
I am on the mend.
User Info.
Can't wait. One of my most anticipated of 2013.
02:45 PM on 02/15/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
I feel like I'm the only person that saw Leveler as a disappointment. It just sounded like bad Constellations b-sides to me. The songwriting was just too, IMO. It's like they forgot how to write transitions. The song completely stops, they inject a needless slow part, and then pick it back up. Also Jake's lyrics were really weak (though the vocals themselves sounded great). I don't know, I'm a huge August Burns Red fan, I just thought that album sucked except for a few songs.
02:46 PM on 02/15/13
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
This, lacked oomph which for some reason made it less enticing for me to listen to over and over again.
I'd agree with that, but I still played the shit out of it. I think this band gets better and better with every record.
02:47 PM on 02/15/13
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
Constellations was a great record, but Leveler took this band to an entirely new level. Completely disagree with the comments about it beings too simple or a regression of any kind.
03:29 PM on 02/15/13
Supernovacaine
givin'er
User Info.
constellations is definitely my favorite (with leveler a close second).. looking forward to this
03:39 PM on 02/15/13
Spencer Control
Goddamn, I miss my dead friends
User Info.
I'm hoping they got some of the more haphazard experimentation out of their system with Leveler (which I love, but I cannot say it always "made sense" musically) and will have something closer to a Constellations sound on this - but excited in any case.
07:02 PM on 02/15/13
sept. 18th
Monstar.
User Info.
Amen.
08:56 PM on 02/15/13
Johnny Whoso
User Info.
I'm actually really excited to hear what they would do next, they're a pretty rad metal band.
09:32 PM on 02/15/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
i think they'll keep going into less metalcore. kinda like internal cannon. they sorta did it in the christmas album. parkway drive did it and i can totally see the new abr album blow away atlas.
I have always seen Parkway Drive as the Aussie ABR
05:42 AM on 02/16/13
mbarney82
User Info.
I honestly hope they do that, but still have that traditional ABR flare. Songs like "Carpe Diem," "Internal Cannon," and "Salt & Light" made the album a lot more memorable. Parkway Drive did an excellent drive with Atlas.
atlas was amazing. top 10 album of last year. but i think abr can pull off a bigger album.
10:38 AM on 02/16/13
Dizzy23
User Info.
I wish that they would move into more heavy post rock. I thought some of their experimentation on Leveler sucked (I was not a fan of Internal Cannon). I wish they would explore more of the sound they caught on Meridian.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos