Username
Password
Blink 182 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blink 182
Inside AP.net

Blink 182 to Tour Australia Without Travis Barker

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (02/16/13)
Travis Barker will be sitting out Blink-182's upcoming Australian tour due to his fear of flying. Brooks Wackerman of Bad Religion will be filling in.
The trip to Australia was planned during our European tour last summer. The band knew the chances of Travis overcoming his fear of flying, which was magnified after the horrible plane crash in 2008, would be a challenge, but we wanted to play for our fans in Australia nonetheless. The three of us tried all measures to get us all there in full form. Travis has been working to overcome his fear of flying. Since we now know we have to make the trip without Travis our friend Brooks Wackerman (Bad Religion, Tenacious D) has stepped in. We love our fans in Australia so canceling was not an option so we still plan to come and play some kick ass shows. Mark, Tom, and Travis

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 114
11:52 PM on 02/16/13
leftapart
User Info.
Understandable.
11:55 PM on 02/16/13
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
Sucks, but I hope Travis can get to a place where he's comfortable again.
11:58 PM on 02/16/13
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
This is absolutely reasonable. I'm sure I would do the same.

Also, wasn't this a story like 6 months back? I remember commenting on this same topic.
11:59 PM on 02/16/13
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Brooks is a fantastic drummer with a very diverse and impressive resume.
Infectious Grooves, Bad Religion, The Vandals - hell, he's even worked with Avril Lavigne and Korn.
Not to mention he's filled in for Blink in the past.
Really looking forward to seeing footage from this and wishing Travis all the best.
12:03 AM on 02/17/13
vivatoto56
Your wick won't burn away
User Info.
How did he do the European tour?

Wish him all the best, can't even imagine having to make that decision.
12:05 AM on 02/17/13
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
Obviously without Trav the performance / show won't be as good, that's a given.
Having said that, the fact that Australia gets to see Blink, I'm sure those fans will be grateful that they're going over there to begin with, especially since some of the most recent dates (months ago...) were Mark & Tom doing acoustic stuff... (although they did play Wasting Time at one date, which rules.)

overall, obviously a bummer no Trav but he has always said since it happened that he wouldn't fly and that's understandable.
John Madden never flew either after an incident - he always rode on an NFL bus to the Monday night football game to broadcast.

if there's anything to be bummed about, it's the fact that we here in America aren't seeing Blink when that would make my life and probably some of yours, a lot better than it is right now. haha.

and yes, I bought Tom's surf green fender 1 pickup guitar. gets a good sound depending on the amp.

- Gunz
12:05 AM on 02/17/13
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How did he do the European tour?

Wish him all the best, can't even imagine having to make that decision.
that's the million dollar question. I'm pretty sure he flew, but everyone likes to say he swam ...took a boat.
12:08 AM on 02/17/13
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
wait did he do the UK tour? then my last post doesn't make as much sense.
but if I recall, I think mark and tom were over there before him.. even though mark does have a place there;
so maybe he did take a ship over.
12:12 AM on 02/17/13
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
User Info.
wait did he do the UK tour? then my last post doesn't make as much sense.
but if I recall, I think mark and tom were over there before him.. even though mark does have a place there;
so maybe he did take a ship over.

I believe he took a cruise with his family
12:13 AM on 02/17/13
37 Everywhere
User Info.
He took a cruise to Europe. Like he said no ship schedule matched up with the shows.
12:15 AM on 02/17/13
TAI182
User Info.
This will be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing videos.
12:20 AM on 02/17/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Obviously without Trav the performance / show won't be as good, that's a given.
Having said that, the fact that Australia gets to see Blink, I'm sure those fans will be grateful that they're going over there to begin with, especially since some of the most recent dates (months ago...) were Mark & Tom doing acoustic stuff... (although they did play Wasting Time at one date, which rules.)

overall, obviously a bummer no Trav but he has always said since it happened that he wouldn't fly and that's understandable.
John Madden never flew either after an incident - he always rode on an NFL bus to the Monday night football game to broadcast.

if there's anything to be bummed about, it's the fact that we here in America aren't seeing Blink when that would make my life and probably some of yours, a lot better than it is right now. haha.

and yes, I bought Tom's surf green fender 1 pickup guitar. gets a good sound depending on the amp.

- Gunz

pretty sure those acoustic vids were like 2 song mid-encore type deals.. Travis was there
12:22 AM on 02/17/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
what a fuckin sad situation, you really gotta feel for the guy
12:24 AM on 02/17/13
Kuri44
Bank
User Info.
I completely understand him not wanting to fly, but on a professional level, it seems like very poor planning. He's known about this tour long enough to find another means of transportation over there. But who knows, like the person said above me, apparently no ship schedule matched up. It just seems possible that he knew for some time that he wasn't going make it over there to be making such a last minute announcement.

Still gonna be a fun and great experience for Australian fans and for Mark and Tom as well. I'm sure Travis is bummed as well, but he's got such a supportive fan base that'll keep him in their hearts during the shows.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums