Username
Password
Signing News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Signing
Inside AP.net

Tiny Engines Sign Cayetana

Posted by: Drew Beringer (02/27/13)
Tiny Engines has signed Cayetana. Press release can be read in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
11:41 AM on 02/27/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Tiny Engines Sign CayetanaTiny Engines (Dikembe, Restorations, Tigers Jaw) is thrilled to welcome Philadelphia's Cayetana to their growing roster. The band debuted theirDemo EP in December 2012 and it was quickly met with rave reviews from the punk community. If You Make It recently featured Cayetana's Demo in their albums section. You can download it for free (donations encouraged!)HERE.

Cayetana is currently writing and playing shows in preparation of recording their debut LP this Summer for Tiny Engines. A Fall release is tentatively scheduled for the album. On Friday, March 1st Cayetana will be a part of the Waxahatchee release show/party along with Swearin' and Radiator Hospital at The Golden Tea House. More tour dates coming soon!

Long time listeners, first time callers "Cayetana" have been around the Philadelphia music scene for quite a while. These three ladies came together about a year ago, which also happens to be when they started playing their instruments. This has let them develop a chemistry that takes other bands years to achieve, if at all. They've jumped head first with their clothes on into the pool at the raging party that is the Philadelphia punk scene. Their self-released demo/e.p. is quite the piece of ear candy. The contemplative and sometimes poignant lyrics delivered in a sincere and oft-urgent croon are perfectly complimented with a locked-in rhythm section comprising of melodious bass lines and driven, hoppy work on the skins. You can expect to hear a lot more from Cayetana in the coming months. Have a listen.
- Tom May of The Menzingers
11:57 AM on 02/27/13
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I listened to the demo EP when I heard about this earlier today. Definitely looking out for this band.
12:55 PM on 02/27/13
fothermucker
Show's over, mother fuckers.
User Info.
Woo Philly love.
01:30 PM on 02/27/13
ibelieveinjake
i have a headache
User Info.
What! I love these girls haha. I've seen them play twice in the past month.
02:32 PM on 02/27/13
Spider Mansion
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Woot..band is tight!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music