Username
Password
Funeral for a Friend News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Funeral for a Friend
Inside AP.net

Funeral For a Friend Open Up

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/07/13)
In a new interview Funeral For a Friend get pretty honest about their albums.
I probably would have shelved “Memory and Humanity” and released “Tales Don’t Tell Themselves” under a different band name.

Submitted by Chordblossom

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
09:59 AM on 03/07/13
Quijiba
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
brutally honest, but I appreciate them saying it. Mostly cause I felt the same way
10:03 AM on 03/07/13
anamericangod
User Info.
I appreciate them saying it as well, I agree with the sentiment. Not bad albums by any means, but not their best by any means. TDTT sounded like a side project, combined with the fact that it was a concept album. Had a few solid tracks though.

The new album is good, but didn't quite captivate me as much as Casually Dressed or Hours. Regardless, glad these guys are still making tunes.
10:05 AM on 03/07/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
TDTT is my favorite FFAF album in retrospect. Only one that holds up IMO.
10:10 AM on 03/07/13
Smeee
AP.net's Resident Staryu
User Info.
Agreed. Only one I've returned to in the last maybe six months. Never understood the negativity at the time of the release. I know it's not Hours or CD&DIC, but different isn't necessarily bad.
10:12 AM on 03/07/13
theHECKLER
User Info.

Just curious, what didn't you like about Casually Dressed?
10:13 AM on 03/07/13
mycuban
hermits.bandcamp.com
User Info.
I wasn't particularly fond of TDTT, but a few years after it's release I started enjoying it more. I really dug Memory & Humanity, it's a weird album for them for sure though. Loved the last 2 and obviously the first 2.
10:14 AM on 03/07/13
vivatoto56
EB was left out
User Info.
I've always felt like TDTT is their best album and it's my second favorite, but Casually Dressed had a pretty big impact on my music listening back in the day, so there is always the nostalgia factor.

Memory and Humanity is just like their most recent album...not one song that interests me. It's like they are a different band with each album, I'd be curious to read about what goes into their process with each release.
10:15 AM on 03/07/13
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
Don't really agree in regards to TDTT. It's just the opposite side of the coin to albums like WHA and Conduit. Memory and Humanity does suck balls though.
10:16 AM on 03/07/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Just curious, what didn't you like about Casually Dressed?
I liked it when it came out - just doesn't hold up today. I'll still spin TDTT every now and then ... I've moved completely away from the sound of CD or Hours.
10:19 AM on 03/07/13
JSNFRMN
My Lawyer Made Me Change This
User Info.
I liked TDTT when I was 15/16 but i've not listened to it much since, might give it a whirl soon. I quite liked M&H but again not listened much since. CD and Hours are the only albums that have stood the test of time for me, i'll always be down for new FFAF though.
10:27 AM on 03/07/13
anamericangod
User Info.
I liked it when it came out - just doesn't hold up today. I'll still spin TDTT every now and then ... I've moved completely away from the sound of CD or Hours.

I liked TDTT when I was 15/16 but i've not listened to it much since, might give it a whirl soon. I quite liked M&H but again not listened much since. CD and Hours are the only albums that have stood the test of time for me, i'll always be down for new FFAF though.

I still listen to Hours a good bit, and CD every now and again. Hours has more melody and variety compared to the more screamo appeal of Casually Dressed. I can see why somebody who has moved past that genre would prefer TDTT, however. Decent album, but I felt it lacked energy and staying power.
10:28 AM on 03/07/13
Kobrakai09
Yeah, this is love.
User Info.
Conduit is their best album in my opinion. A real return to form.

There were a lot of rave reviews for Welcome Home Armageddon, but I just didn't feel it. I didn't like the production - the vocals seem muffled, I couldn't make out the lyrics in most songs and it was just forgettable. Conduit, despite having the same producer, is much, much better.

I quite liked Memory and Humanity - I'd put it on a par with Tales Don't Tell Themselves, with both being their weakest but still enjoyable.
10:32 AM on 03/07/13
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Personally, the only album of theirs I don't listen to now is Memory and Humanity. Has some good songs, but not enough quality across the board. TDTT is a great album but didn't sound like them at all.

Hours = Welcome Home Armageddon > Casually Dressed > Tales Don't Tell Themselves > Conduit > Memory and Humanity
10:36 AM on 03/07/13
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
I loved TDTT, though I feel like I'm the only one. I have loved all their albums if I'm being honest.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums