AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Story of the Year News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Huge Story Of The Year Update

Posted by - 01:39 PM on 03/08/13
Story Of The Year are back. They'll be heading out on a Page Avenue tour, as well as releasing Page Avenue: 10 Years and Counting, a full acoustic re-imagining of the album. They are also planning on releasing a new album sometime after.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 142
01:39 PM on 03/08/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
SOTY is BackSo...it's been a while, huh? After almost three years of dicking around, changing tires, and pursuing other artistic endeavors, we are absolutely ecstatic to announce that WE'RE BACK. And it just so happens that this reunion falls in line with an important milestone in our careers.

On September 16, 2003, we released our debut album, Page Avenue. It was an album that changed our lives; an album that kickstarted a decade of making music, traveling, and most importantly, sharing our music with countless people all around the world. The constant through all these years has been you, the fans. So for all of the years of support, we have decided to give something back.

To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the album, we will be embarking on a PAGE AVENUE WORLD TOUR. We'll be playing the album front to back, in its entirety, in addition to some other fan favorites, and a few surprises. It's going to be tight as fuck. It is our goal to take this 10th anniversary tour not only around the USA, but to as many countries as we can, for as many Story of the Year fans as possible. This is our way of saying thank you for 10 years of unforgettable memories and experiences.

In conjunction with the tour, we will be releasing "PAGE AVENUE: 10 Years and Counting", a full acoustic re-imagining of Page Avenue. It's borderline inappropriate to call it an acoustic record, because it's so much more than that. We recorded the album with acoustic guitars, pianos, crazy big drums and really cool, artistic programming and arrangements. It's a really cool take on these songs that mean so much to us. We will have release dates for the album soon.

We're stoked to inform you that we will be announcing the first round of tour dates tonight at 8pm PST!

And finally, we just might have to make you a brand new SOTY record after all of this awesomeness.

We are absolutely stoked. STAY TUNED, as we will announce dates for the 10TH ANNIVERSARY PAGE AVENUE TOUR soon, as well as other awesomeness in the works.

Visit our new website at www.storyoftheyear.net for additional information.

Sincerely,
Dan, Phil, Josh, Ryan, and Adam
01:42 PM on 03/08/13
1993mic
User Info.
So excited for this! Hope they come near Quebec City/ Montreal for the tour.
01:42 PM on 03/08/13
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Fucking ecstatic.

Also, announcing the first batch of dates at the same time that Warped announces theirs? Hmmmm....
01:43 PM on 03/08/13
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Yes! Glad to have them back!
Viva Sonata
gooberplex.tumblr.com
User Info.
Beat me to it. :P My first love.
gonfreaks
User Info.
I have so much nostalgia for Page Avenue that I'm really curious to hear the acoustic/re-imagined PA album.
01:44 PM on 03/08/13
a3s1g1
User Info.
I've totally "outgrown" this kind of music, but I'll probably go.
01:45 PM on 03/08/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
I gotta go to this!
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Fucking ecstatic.

Also, announcing the first batch of dates at the same time that Warped announces theirs? Hmmmm....
It won't be Warped.
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
I better be able to go to a date of this!
01:46 PM on 03/08/13
pbueddi
User Info.
beyond stoked right now!
01:47 PM on 03/08/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Great news
01:48 PM on 03/08/13
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
This is perfect. I'm all over all of this. Great band live, great on every album, just really great.
01:49 PM on 03/08/13
underdawg1119
now I sleep for days
User Info.
Cool. Still hope this has nothing to do with Yellowcard's Ocean Avenue anniversary like some seem to think..

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos