Username
Password
Hip-Hop News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hip-Hop
Inside AP.net

Hip-Hop Music Round-Up (03/11/13)

Posted by: Deborah Remus (03/11/13)
Head to the replies to read this week's Hip-Hop Music Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
10:20 AM on 03/11/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Thanks to Roshan for putting this together.

Hip-Hop Music Round-UpThis week's top 5 albums in Rap and R&B, respectively, according to Billboard.com:

Rap:
1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist
2. Kendrick Lamar - good Kid, m.A.A.d. City
3. Flo Rida - Wild Ones
4. ASAP Rocky - LongLiveASAP
5. T.I. - Trouble Man

R&B:
1. Rihanna - Unapologetic
2. Alicia Keys - Girl on Fire
3. Michael Bolton - A Tribute to Hittsville USA
4. Charlie Wilson - Love, Charlie
5. Jennifer Lopez - Greatest Hits

(Billboard has separated Rap and R&B, but clearly with the addition of Flo Rida under "Rap," and Michael Bolton under "R&B," they have failed)

NEWS:

Here is MTV's annual "Hottest MC" List.

10. Meek Mill
9. Future
8. ASAP Rocky
7. Kanye West
6. Big Sean
5. Drake
4. Nas
3. Rick Ross
2. 2 Chainz
1. Kendrick Lamar

...Discuss!

Kanye wasn't happy. Neither was ASAP Rocky.

Big Boi is heading out on a full US tour with Killer Mike.

Here's a cool feature Fake Shore Drive did cataloging the 25 Best Kanye West Beats since 2006.

Check out the tracklisting to Lil Wayne's upcoming album, I'm Not A Human Being 2.

Here's the tracklisting for Ghostface Killah's Twelve Reasons to Die, out April 16th.

Method Man says there will be a 20th anniversary album for the Wu-Tang. Y'all feel old yet?

Kendrick Lamar and RZA are a couple of guests slated for Kid Cudi's upcoming LP.

Mobb Deep is celebrating their 20th year as a group. Check out their tour dates.

Beanie Sigel has added some jail time for drug charges.

Chris Brown sucks. Now he yelled at a valet for $10.

Danny Brown has announced a full US tour with Kitty Pride.

Yelawolf will be dropping a new mixtape, Trunk Muzik Returns, very soon.

Frank Ocean is being sued for a production credit on "Lost."

The reason T.I. and Kendrick Lamar's couldn't make the album was because the Gotye sample couldn't be cleared. The sequel to Heavy is the Head is about 60 percent done.

THIS WEEK'S DOWNLOADS AND STREAMS:

Album Stream: Roosh Williams - Deja Roo: Times Have Changed [Emcee from Austin, TX. Features from Action Bronson, Scarface, more]

Psy - Gangnam Style (Diplo Remix) feat. 2 Chainz and Tyga

Danny Brown - #HottestMC

Ghostface Killah - The Sure Shot Part 1 + 2 [12 Reasons to Die]

Jack Freeman - Nobody [New Single; R&B Artist from Houston]

Drake - 5am in Toronto [Unreleased]

Lupe Fiasco - Light Blue [Unreleased]

Jean Grae - Special [Crap Kingdom OST]

Free EP: Hollywood Floss - Power Moves

Fat Tony - Hood Party feat. Kool AD (Das Racist) and Despot [Smart Ass Black Boy]

Bad Rabbits - Doin' It [American Love]

Mixtape: Harry Fraud - Adrift

THIS WEEK'S VIDEOS:

Live: Justin Timberlake - Suit and Tie + Mirrors Live on SNL

Live: Pusha T - Blocka (In Studio)

Music Video: Rick Ross - Ashamed [GFID]

Music Video: Joey Badass - Unorthodox

ALBUMS DROPPING THIS WEEK:

Z-Ro - Tripolar EP

ALBUMS OUT NOW:

N/A

Contributors: weworemasks
Thanks for reading. As always, any feedback is welcome. The best way to get at me is through my website. We post daily and regularly, if you're into that sort of thing. If you have any hate mail, love notes, ideas, suggestions or submissions for next week's round up, feel free to get at Roshan at weworemasks@gmail.com or @weworemasks. I also have a personal twitter if you prefer. Cheers!
10:30 AM on 03/11/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
That Danny Brown tour is gonna be insane. Can't believe he's playing the Triple Rock...on a Friday. I'm dead.
10:43 AM on 03/11/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Gotta get that Harry Fraud and see some Danny Brown/Kitty
10:50 AM on 03/11/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
A$AP and Kanye need to check themselves and album sales before either try to claim to be no. 1 right now. Kanye thinks cause he bought Sway a TV he should be listed as number 1? He hasn't even had a major hit since MBDTF and Watch The Throne wasnt anything special. There have been plenty of times where he's been on top but as of right now, minus Big Sean, I think that list was pretty accurate. 2 chainz is everywhere and everyone is partying and clubbing to his beats right now, which is exactly what his music is about. A$AP on the other hand JUST started to blow up and his hottest track right now is big solely because of the features on it, which are all rappers bigger than him. Fuck trends, that was the worst rant I've read in a long time from a rapper who's putting themself on a pedestal.
10:54 AM on 03/11/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
^ who cares...it's "M"TV
12:43 PM on 03/11/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
That Danny Brown tour is gonna be insane. Can't believe he's playing the Triple Rock...on a Friday. I'm dead.
Can't wait
02:59 PM on 03/11/13
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.

danny brown is a shit ton of fun live. have fun!

A$AP and Kanye need to check themselves and album sales before either try to claim to be no. 1 right now. Kanye thinks cause he bought Sway a TV he should be listed as number 1? He hasn't even had a major hit since MBDTF and Watch The Throne wasnt anything special. There have been plenty of times where he's been on top but as of right now, minus Big Sean, I think that list was pretty accurate. 2 chainz is everywhere and everyone is partying and clubbing to his beats right now, which is exactly what his music is about. A$AP on the other hand JUST started to blow up and his hottest track right now is big solely because of the features on it, which are all rappers bigger than him. Fuck trends, that was the worst rant I've read in a long time from a rapper who's putting themself on a pedestal.

big sean is tight and it upsets me people don't like him. his singles are dumb, but so is mostly everyone else's.
03:02 PM on 03/11/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
danny brown is a shit ton of fun live. have fun!

big sean is tight and it upsets me people don't like him. his singles are dumb, but so is mostly everyone else's.

Seen em homie
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums