Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

APnet at SXSW 2013

Posted by: Paul Tao (03/11/13)
The music industry's most loved/most hated (depending on who you ask) week of the year, SXSW, is here once again! We'll have three staffers down there this year (Eda, Ryan and I) seeing as many bands, parties and free taco-filled events as possible. Daily updates from the three of us each morning will be posted on the home page, and we will also be updating the AP.net live show twitter (@apnetatshow). You can also follow each of us individually on twitter to see what bands and parties we're at at any given moment (@paultao, @alueda, @ryangardnerc). If you're down in Austin for the madness, feel free to say hi to any of us that you run into on the streets! Most of us get in tomorrow night or Wednesday morning so our first daily updates will likely start coming in Thursday morning.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21.
10:50 AM on 03/11/13
TylorPhillip
User Info.
Make sure to check out PHOX, from Madison, WI while you're down there. (just a fan boy, not in the band)
http://phoxband.bandcamp.com/
10:57 AM on 03/11/13
TheVenetiaFair
Joe Brown
User Info.
Come see us (The Venetia Fair) tomorrow at Dirty Dog Bar 9PM - 505 E 6th Street! Party time fuck everything. life is a toilet.
11:09 AM on 03/11/13
sjb2k1
User Info.
take the time to watch samantha crain. she is fantastic.
11:13 AM on 03/11/13
secretsforabuck
User Info.
see ya around gents, will you be at the saddle creek showcase? holler if so
11:15 AM on 03/11/13
James Shotwell
User Info.
Hey! Under The Gun Review is sending me, @UTGJames, to Texas along with Jesse Richman from PoZ (@jrichmanesq). Follow us for additional AbsoluteVoices views of SXSW
11:16 AM on 03/11/13
James Shotwell
User Info.
Come see us (The Venetia Fair) tomorrow at Dirty Dog Bar 9PM - 505 E 6th Street! Party time fuck everything. life is a toilet.
I'll be there!
11:21 AM on 03/11/13
TheSkyline
www.pillowtalktn.bandcamp .com
User Info.
March 16th come to 2211 Webberville Rd (it's a bar). 9PM, Tiny Moving Parts, My Iron Lung, Frameworks, my band Looking For Alaska, and more! It's gonna be fuuuuun. https://www.facebook.com/events/325285920906443/?ref=ts&fref=ts
11:24 AM on 03/11/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
if anyone is going to be at liberty bar on E 6th do yourself a favor and eat the shit out of East Side Kings food truck. so good. i wonder if there is gonna be any crazy surprises this year, didn't green day play red 7 last year? insane.
11:35 AM on 03/11/13
heron182
User Info.
You have to check out pinata protest
11:52 AM on 03/11/13
TerrancePryor
fakewalls.com/metalarcade.net
User Info.
I would have gone if publicists offered to pay for my plane ride and hotel to that spot. Seriously, have fun down there.
01:01 PM on 03/11/13
joealabaster
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Big picture media showcase at the blind pig Thursday at noon. Hit that up!
01:38 PM on 03/11/13
Jivin2709
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Be sure to check The Jim Ivins Band (reverbnation.com/thejimivinsband) at the Ernie Ball showcase at The Blind Pig Thursday night at 7 PM. They're also playing HandleBar at 6 PM Friday and Darwin's at noon on Saturday. Really good pop rock from NYC (for fans of: Goo Goo Dolls, Third Eye Blind, Mae)
01:38 PM on 03/11/13
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
I was in Austin for the first time last weekend. What an amazing city.
03:15 PM on 03/11/13
Jake Denning
@Jake_Denning
User Info.
I would've loved to be at SXSW, if someone was willing to pay my way. I would likely sleep a grand total of 2-4 hours a day and go nuts. Very cool of UTG to send someone to Texas.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS