Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

POZ Presents: SXSW Survival Guide

Posted by: Drew Beringer (03/11/13)
PropertyOfZack has posted its "SXSW Survival Guide" here.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
11:54 AM on 03/11/13
AdamWASFearless
The Rational Voice of AP.net
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Doesn't really say anything about "surviving" SXSW. This year will be my tenth year at SXSW. Here are my tips:

Comfortable shoes with *brand new* insoles inside.

Buy a mophie iPhone battery pack, or something to charge your phone on the fly. If worse comes to worst, you can go to the convention center for a quick charge.

Go back to your hotel and take a one hour "disco nap" between your day parties, and night events. You'll be able to stay out until 3am, and catch everything you want to see without hitting a wall too early.

Don't drink too much alcohol during the day. I know it's free and all, but over-imbibing is going to make you worthless later on in the day. Also, who wants a hangover at 10pm?

EAT! You're going to need your energy, and something to soak up the alcohol.

Bring earplugs, and wear them.

Pick a night or day, and fly by the seat of your pants. Don't schedule anything, and just walk around. Join friends on their journey through 6th street. You'll find bands that you'll end up loving, or seriously hating, but you'll have a story to tell.

Drinks lots of water with your alcohol. It's going to be sunny and warm this week, and you're going to want to keep fresh.

Things you should carry with you:
Purell
Breath mints or gum
a paper schedule (Trust me on this. If you phone battery dies, or there's no signal to be had, you'll be stoked to refer to your paper schedule)
Earplugs
small tube of sunscreen
CASH.
03:52 PM on 03/11/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
As a frequent SXSW goer, this guide is useless. The guy above has it right. Take tips from locals.
04:07 PM on 03/11/13
focustempochamp
User Info.
I've gone multiple times, both with a band and just to enjoy. That guide isn't too helpful. Everything adamwasfearless said is perfectly true and will def help you enjoy sxsw
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests