AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Tooth & Nail Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Capital Christian Music Group Acquires Tooth & Nail Catalog

Posted by - 11:54 AM on 03/13/13
Capital Christian Music Group (CCMG) has acquired the Tooth and Nail recorded music catalog, including Tooth and Nail Records, BEC Recordings, and Solid State Records.
Ebel will retain rights to all label names and trademarks and will relaunch Tooth & Nail as an independent label group. During the transition period, CCMG will continue to distribute all Tooth & Nail products.

Submitted by theonethingihav

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
11:59 AM on 03/13/13
heyjohnnyfive
johnholcomb.com
User Info.
So ... what does this actually mean, particularly the "relaunch" and the "transition period" phrases? #totaldummy #dontknowlegalspeak
12:36 PM on 03/13/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
So ... what does this actually mean, particularly the "relaunch" and the "transition period" phrases? #totaldummy #dontknowlegalspeak
All music previously released is now Captial's to do whatever they want with ... all new music will be independent on tr "new" T&N ... is my assumption.
12:51 PM on 03/13/13
logancrosby
Slave to the South
User Info.
This is probably bad news for Come Now Sleep or Hell or High Water on vinyl.
12:51 PM on 03/13/13
xJesusFreakx
duh please
User Info.
Huh, interesting. What will happen to current acts? Will they also switch over, or be part of the new T&N?
12:57 PM on 03/13/13
mdunn220
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
mr tate nailed it. after sending it through the bullshit translator, what came out is SS/T&N's sales aren't strong enough to erase debt to Capital, so Capital is taking the back catalog from Ebel to chip at that debt moving forward and allowing him to do what he wants in the future. distribution relationship severed.
01:03 PM on 03/13/13
jasonisafatty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is probably bad news for Come Now Sleep or Hell or High Water on vinyl.
that's what my first thought was.

My second thought was: "Has a band even put out a really good release on this label in the last few years?"
01:04 PM on 03/13/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Wonder if this will make vinyl licensing easier or more difficult.
01:09 PM on 03/13/13
Kid Defender
Typo
User Info.
This label sucks (now) and so does Ebel.
01:13 PM on 03/13/13
ThaRealNC
User Info.
Wonder if this will make vinyl licensing easier or more difficult.
You would think more difficult, but then Saosin's self-titled just got pressed and it was owned by Capitol. I'm hoping they might consider letting another pressing of Define the Great Line happen, especially since it was such a high-seller for T&N and is still a pretty highly desired product.
01:20 PM on 03/13/13
anamericangod
User Info.
You would think more difficult, but then Saosin's self-titled just got pressed and it was owned by Capitol. I'm hoping they might consider letting another pressing of Define the Great Line happen, especially since it was such a high-seller for T&N and is still a pretty highly desired product.
There are a couple releases I'm interested in, but they're more of the smaller projects, nothing huge like UO.
01:42 PM on 03/13/13
heyjohnnyfive
johnholcomb.com
User Info.
cool, thanks Tate and Dunn! That explanation helps.

Hopefully this will mean better T&N/SS releases moving forward. I understand I just defined "wishful thinking".
02:07 PM on 03/13/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
T&N has some very solid acts, and I like some SS groups as well. I'm interested in how this will change the future of the artists already on the label, and if this means more or less signings in the future.

Like I said, T&N has a ton of great artists right now and I know they've got more great releases to come!
02:14 PM on 03/13/13
chrisdazzo
Discarnate, preternatural.
User Info.
iirc Falling Up was on BEC at one point, hoping to see some of their stuff vinyl.
02:40 PM on 03/13/13
remoteCONTROL
We're a band.
User Info.
What about Plastiq music?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT