Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 45
02:44 PM on 03/13/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I need to delve into Nicks' solo material as well. Chris, help!
08:42 PM on 03/13/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
I think my favorite will always be "Dreams." But "Never Going Back Again," "The Chain" and "Gold Dust Woman" are all up there.

Figured I'd just ask you in here: what are the essential Stevie Nicks solo albums, if any, besides Bella Donna? I haven't even heard that one yet (just ordered it from Amazon), but I have a good feeling about it based on "Edge of Seventeen" and "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around."
Honestly, after that she got a lot more 80's pop and way less organic, so I think you're likely to jump shit on her. I however adore The Wild Heart and Rock a Little.
08:43 PM on 03/13/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
I need to delve into Nicks' solo material as well. Chris, help!
Her first 3 albums are all excellent, as long as you don't have an intrinsic aversion to the 80s. May as well go in order.
09:43 PM on 03/13/13
StreetSpirit76
User Info.
Honestly, after that she got a lot more 80's pop and way less organic, so I think you're likely to jump shit on her. I however adore The Wild Heart and Rock a Little.

Ah. Well, that's disappointing. I guess I'll see how much I like Bella Donna and go from there. What about the one that just came out a few years back? Worth a listen?
09:45 PM on 03/13/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Ah. Well, that's disappointing. I guess I'll see how much I like Bella Donna and go from there. What about the one that just came out a few years back? Worth a listen?
It was pretty cool. Her timeless songs are clearly behind her, but she's a quality songwriter and a unique, distinctive vocalist, so she'll always be worth the listen.
02:14 PM on 03/14/13
StreetSpirit76
User Info.
Haha, no problem man. I'll go hunting around for it.

Dunno if you found it, but here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?11wiv7qyx90u2u8
05:54 PM on 03/14/13
StreetSpirit76
User Info.
Also, I just heard "Silver Springs" for the first time and WOW. Why in the world was this cut? I might like it more than half the album. Haha. And, no surprise, it's Stevie's. She's definitely my favorite songwriter in the band.
10:08 PM on 03/14/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Also, I just heard "Silver Springs" for the first time and WOW. Why in the world was this cut? I might like it more than half the album. Haha. And, no surprise, it's Stevie's. She's definitely my favorite songwriter in the band.
I'm shocked you had never heard it!

She was apparently devastated when Mick told her they were cutting it for "I Don't Wanna Know."
11:16 PM on 03/14/13
StreetSpirit76
User Info.

She was apparently devastated when Mick told her they were cutting it for "I Don't Wanna Know."

Maybe I have and just forgot about it. It's perfect, though. I'm baffled that they didn't use it. Listened to it a few more times, and I honestly think it's the best Nicks-penned song from those sessions besides "Dreams."
11:34 PM on 03/14/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Maybe I have and just forgot about it. It's perfect, though. I'm baffled that they didn't use it. Listened to it a few more times, and I honestly think it's the best Nicks-penned song from those sessions besides "Dreams."
I remember hearing something about it being a length thing. Just about what they could fit on an album side. Which is so rough. It's one of her best songs. And the bitter counterpart to "Go Your Own Way" that the record really needed.
11:50 PM on 03/14/13
StreetSpirit76
User Info.
I remember hearing something about it being a length thing. Just about what they could fit on an album side. Which is so rough. It's one of her best songs. And the bitter counterpart to "Go Your Own Way" that the record really needed.

They've had to have kicked themselves at some point, looking back. Haha. Do they have any other b-sides that are that essential?
12:00 AM on 03/15/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
They've had to have kicked themselves at some point, looking back. Haha. Do they have any other b-sides that are that essential?
I haven't done much real investigation. I know I like "As Long As You Follow" which was recorded for the greatest hits. I imagine there's a handful of stuff from the vaults on 25 Years: The Chain, too, but I haven't really looked into it.

I suspect a lot of their unused material went into the solo records.
02:47 AM on 03/15/13
StreetSpirit76
User Info.
I haven't done much real investigation. I know I like "As Long As You Follow" which was recorded for the greatest hits. I imagine there's a handful of stuff from the vaults on 25 Years: The Chain, too, but I haven't really looked into it.

I suspect a lot of their unused material went into the solo records.

Makes sense. I've got a lot of investigating to do myself. I have a feeling that they're going to end up being one of those bands where I only really love a small chunk of their material. But I'm kind of hoping that's not the case.
02:50 AM on 03/15/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Makes sense. I've got a lot of investigating to do myself. I have a feeling that they're going to end up being one of those bands where I only really love a small chunk of their material. But I'm kind of hoping that's not the case.
I really hope you love Tango in the Night, though I doubt you'll be able to fall for the production. If you can though, it's a seriously wonderful batch of songs.
09:55 AM on 03/15/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.

Thanks bro.

Haha, I know right. With an album this good, it's almost ridiculous that they still left off one of the best songs.

Man, "I Don't Wanna Know" is easily the weak point too.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos