AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:25 AM on 03/17/13 
User Info.
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
Male - 27 Years Old
i dont understand why so many people are complaining about the three level trial with all the diff enemies. i died once on hard and made it through easily the second time. i noticed all of the guides tell people to use lots and lots of magic and the special amulets. i barely used any magic and not a single amulet and made it through just fine. the key was to stay in the air as much as possible.

FIRST WAVE: Gorgons and witches

don't focus on the gorgons as everyone else would have you do. switch to your hades blades and launch the witches into the air with Olympic Ascension (hold TRIANGLE until you're in the air with them), then hold SQUARE while at the peak of your jump until you start to flip and chop them up. before the Cyclone of Fury is finished, hold TRIANGLE again to do another flipping chop move- Falling Helios. you may be able to do this entire process twice before hitting the ground again, and the gorgons won't get you because their attacks are directed toward the ground (i.e. the sweeping tail and swiping claws) while you're doing these moves in the air, you WILL do damage to the gorgons. if you have the opportunity to do a minigame gorgon kill, DO IT. if not, just keep doing the combo i described until the witches are dead and then go after the gorgons. just jump above them instead of trying to launch them (it won't work) and use the aforementioned combo until you reach the ground, evade immediately after reaching the ground and repeat.

SECOND WAVE: Amazons and Electricity Knight

same method. the Amazons will launch the same as the witches. use the same ASCENSION - CYCLONE - FALLING HELIOS combo to get rid of them. BUT DONT KILL THEM WITH THOSE MOVES. they are your only chance during the trial's three phases to get some health orbs. make sure to grapple them when the red grapple bar appears. treat the electricity knight the same as the gorgons. jump above him, CYCLONE - FALLING HELIOS, evade, repeat.

THIRD WAVE: if you can't beat this one, you cheated to get here. this is by far the easiest part. same combo on the centaur. switch to zeus blades and treat the wraiths the same as the witches and amazons.

so that's it. i really don't understand why so many people were stuck on this for HOURS. 20 mins tops, maybe, but hours?? that doesn't make sense. do it right. you don't need the amulets. you don't need the phantom kratos. just chop them up like sausages and celebrate.

cheers!
05:44 AM on 03/17/13 
User Info.
thesafeword
-
Portland, OR
Male
XBOX 360 lol
09:50 AM on 03/17/13 
User Info.
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
Male - 27 Years Old

god of war is a playstation exclusive
11:01 AM on 03/17/13 
User Info.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Cool story, bro.
11:02 AM on 03/17/13 
User Info.
vivatoto56
EB was left out
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
I haven't played it, but everything I've seen about it says that it's not just hard, it's that it wasn't fair. Supposedly death was unavoidable sometimes. Just what I had read.
11:05 AM on 03/17/13 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
So glad I have your strategy. I'd been struggling with this.
12:52 PM on 03/17/13 
User Info.
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
Male - 27 Years Old

Cool vintage meme use bro. You'll go far in life with that kind of finesse
12:53 PM on 03/17/13 
User Info.
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
Male - 27 Years Old
So glad I have your strategy. I'd been struggling with this.

no problem. glad to help
02:39 PM on 03/17/13 
User Info.
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
Jamestown, NY
Male - 26 Years Old
Cool vintage meme use bro. You'll go far in life with that kind of finesse

Sweet avatar. I've been playing a lot of Zelda lately.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos