airrwaves44
May 21st, 2013

08:54 AM on 03/18/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
England
Male - 22 Years Old
Cool. Based on the cover and first single, I think this is going to be a bit different for them. Hopefully I'll like it. I ended up really liking This is War.

Also, track list..

1. Birth
2. Conquistador
3. Up In The Air
4. City Of Angels
5. The Race
6. End Of All Days
7. Pyres Of Varanasi
8. Bright Lights
9. Do Or Die
10. Convergence
11. Northern Lights
12. Depuis Le Début
08:59 AM on 03/18/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
facebook.com/comedyfiends
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
This Is War had some really nice moments, but man, those electronic elements did not work for me in the first single.
09:04 AM on 03/18/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
England
Male - 22 Years Old
This Is War had some really nice moments, but man, those electronic elements did not work for me in the first single.
They felt a little out of place to me as well but usually when a band I like tries something different I try and hold off judgement until I've given it a good amount of listens, just because I'm not the best when it comes to first impressions. I'm hoping it'll grow on me. Plus I'm guessing there's much better stuff on the record.
10:13 AM on 03/18/13 
User Info.
nfarreller
http://asgideonweeps.bandcamp.co m/
Purchase, NY
Male - 20 Years Old
I didn't think the electronics felt out of place, I just think it sounded different. I thought one of the drum fills before a chorus was out of place though.
10:21 AM on 03/18/13 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 22 Years Old
Anyone got a link to the single?

This Is War and A Beautiful Lie had some really good moments, when they went all out and created these huge soaring choruses. The more somber and quiet moments weren't as interesting to me. If this album has massive, catchy sing-a-long choruses, I'll be happy.
10:36 AM on 03/18/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
England
Male - 22 Years Old

This Is War and A Beautiful Lie had some really good moments, when they went all out and created these huge soaring choruses. The more somber and quiet moments weren't as interesting to me. If this album has massive, catchy sing-a-long choruses, I'll be happy.
I used to feel the same but some of the more buildy (for lack of a better word) quiet songs like A Modern Myth and Alibi have become some of my favourite songs they've done. There's still a few on each album I don't care much for though.
11:01 AM on 03/18/13 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 22 Years Old
I used to feel the same but some of the more buildy (for lack of a better word) quiet songs like A Modern Myth and Alibi have become some of my favourite songs they've done. There's still a few on each album I don't care much for though.

Haha, I can't even remember what those songs go like off the top of my head. Whenever I listen to their albums I usually just skip through to the ones I like.
11:20 AM on 03/18/13 
User Info.
esposimi
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
Lancaster, PA
Male - 23 Years Old

http://www.iheartradio.com/player/?mid=22990749
12:33 PM on 03/18/13 
User Info.
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
Atlanta, Ga
Male - 29 Years Old
Haha, I can't even remember what those songs go like off the top of my head. Whenever I listen to their albums I usually just skip through to the ones I like.

If you got a hold of the Hurricane version with Kanye, that was one of their best tracks.
12:41 PM on 03/18/13 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 22 Years Old
If you got a hold of the Hurricane version with Kanye, that was one of their best tracks.

I've heard it and it's alright. I'm very particular with this band ha. I know exactly what I want from them and what I like and dislike about their sound. I like their big anthemic choruses and dislike their slower, more ballad-y songs. Hopefully this new album has lots of the former and not much of the latter. I'm sure I'll like some of it, at least.
07:52 PM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
dirty sanchez
Whatever else you do, stay true
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 21 Years Old
I can't wait for this. Excitement level is at 100 and I'm not really sure why.
01:08 PM on 05/16/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
leaked
01:10 PM on 05/16/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
England
Male - 22 Years Old
No where near as good as TIW. I never thought Up in the Air would be one of the highlights, haha.
02:15 PM on 05/16/13 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 22 Years Old
No where near as good as TIW. I never thought Up in the Air would be one of the highlights, haha.

Damn, that doesn't sound good. I still wanna listen to this as I do enjoy TIW, but I'm not in any particular hurry. Are there lots of big anthemic 'Kings and Queens' type songs? That's pretty much the only type of songs I like from these guys.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets