Username
Password
Third Eye Blind News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Third Eye Blind
Inside AP.net

Stephan Jenkins (Third Eye Blind) Talking New Album

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/19/13)
Check the replies for a video of Stephan Jenkins and Kryz Reid of Third Eye Blind performing a new song and talking about a new album.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
11:23 AM on 03/19/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:30 AM on 03/19/13
personLman
User Info.
I cannot wait for this record.
11:35 AM on 03/19/13
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
I cannot wait for this record.
Same, it's been far too long in the making. New songs are sounding good though.
11:41 AM on 03/19/13
rbf737
User Info.
As much as I love 3EB and respect the strong quality of their records, I hate having to wait 4+ years in between records. I remember when Ursa Major came out they were talking like Ursa Minor was only a year behind and now as far as I can tell it's been scrapped completely. I guess Stephen's just a perfectionist.
11:52 AM on 03/19/13
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
SO excited for this. Saw them in February and they still sound great.

Fuck, i saw this video yesterday. Didn't realize it was so new at the time.
11:52 AM on 03/19/13
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
wait.... this is there last record?

https://twitter.com/stephanjenkins/s...49215037534210
11:58 AM on 03/19/13
brettrsd
User Info.
I miss kevin cadogan.... :/
11:59 AM on 03/19/13
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
I think he's stated since then that he didn't mean it or something like that. I really, really hope it's not.
12:00 PM on 03/19/13
brettrsd
User Info.
but this new song is g00d. reminds me of s/t/ootv combined
12:02 PM on 03/19/13
Fox83
User Info.
As much as I love 3EB and respect the strong quality of their records, I hate having to wait 4+ years in between records. I remember when Ursa Major came out they were talking like Ursa Minor was only a year behind and now as far as I can tell it's been scrapped completely. I guess Stephen's just a perfectionist.
Agree with all of this. I thought I was going crazy when Ursa Minor didn't come out like they said it would, and it felt like no one was talking about it anymore. Anyway, regarding the long wait between albums: Stephan Jenkins has stated in the past that he's struggled with writing lyrics. Ursa Major was rumored to be delayed because of this.
12:14 PM on 03/19/13
delvec19
i wanna hear the same song twice
User Info.
Any idea on a release date?
12:38 PM on 03/19/13
alegnaanaconda
User Info.
Couldn't agree more. I used to call them my favorite band but that was so disappointing that they went to the back of my mind while my other favorite bands kept making new stuff and sticking to their word, always giving their fans something to look forward to. I wonder if they made so much money with their hits in the 90s that they don't have to be putting out records that often and they take advantage of that. I'm always seeing Stephen Jenkins post pictures on Twitter of himself on vacation and not too much about making music that he promised years ago. Sooo I kind of wish they'd break up or make some f-ing music.
12:43 PM on 03/19/13
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Couldn't agree more. I used to call them my favorite band but that was so disappointing that they went to the back of my mind while my other favorite bands kept making new stuff and sticking to their word, always giving their fans something to look forward to. I wonder if they made so much money with their hits in the 90s that they don't have to be putting out records that often and they take advantage of that. I'm always seeing Stephen Jenkins post pictures on Twitter of himself on vacation and not too much about making music that he promised years ago. Sooo I kind of wish they'd break up or make some f-ing music.
I think it's more like someone said before-Stephen wants this record to be perfect when he puts it out. He's said in interviews that they have tons of songs musically, it's the lyrics that are taking him the longest. I've heard 2 new songs and really liked both of them, so i trust him a little more now.
12:46 PM on 03/19/13
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
you guys can just watch the video (16:30) for an answer to the "final album" question
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums