Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

Amnesia Rockfest Announces Full Line-Up

Posted by: Deborah Remus (03/19/13)
The full line-up for Amnesia Rockfest (formerly known as D-Tox Rockfest) can be found in the replies. The festival takes place in Montebello, Quebec from June 14th-15th.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
07:07 PM on 03/19/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
07:10 PM on 03/19/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Some good, some bad. Overall just more proof that Quebec has some of the best festivals in the country.
08:16 PM on 03/19/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
French dudes who drink Corona at the beach and have tribal tats are fucking stoked.
09:39 PM on 03/19/13
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Some good, some bad. Overall just more proof that Quebec has some of the best festivals in the country.
The line-up for this thing is always a bit...Interesting, haha. Not bad on the whole, though. I went in 2011 and wound up having close to no conflicts as far as the bands I wanted to see; mostly because the majority of stages alternate between "punk" bands and "metal/hardcore" bands. It was a pretty nice touch. Doubt I'll make the trip this year, given the line-up but we'll see. Could be a big/fun rock show. (The Descendents, the Sainte Catherines, and the hadn't-done-a-US-tour-in-a-while Hot Water Music were my primary motivators the year I went.)
11:07 PM on 03/19/13
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
User Info.
offspring, social distortion, rancid, dropkick murphys, mighty bosstones, less than jake, mad caddies, H20, transplants, lagwagon, blackflag, Marilyn manson, alice cooper

im game. im going to this. this sounds fantastic (thank you Canada)
11:08 PM on 03/19/13
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
User Info.
French dudes who drink Corona at the beach and have tribal tats are fucking stoked.

this is the kind of person that listens to this kind of music?
11:25 PM on 03/19/13
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
this is the kind of person that listens to this kind of music?
On the whole, no. But having attended this festival once? There's definitely some truth to his statement. I think the name might attract people it might not normally...That or the metal bands. Shrug.
05:56 AM on 03/20/13
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Would go for Manson, Deftones, Rancid, and Less Than Jake, which is a sentence I never expected to form in my life.
06:17 AM on 03/20/13
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
That lineup is insane. Obviously not many hardcore fans posting yet.
06:19 AM on 03/20/13
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
Flag, Bad Brains, Sick of it all, Biohazard, cromags, discharge, 7 seconds, madball, h20, agnostic front.

Good luck finding a better lineup than that.
11:52 AM on 03/20/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
The line-up for this thing is always a bit...Interesting, haha. Not bad on the whole, though. I went in 2011 and wound up having close to no conflicts as far as the bands I wanted to see; mostly because the majority of stages alternate between "punk" bands and "metal/hardcore" bands. It was a pretty nice touch. Doubt I'll make the trip this year, given the line-up but we'll see. Could be a big/fun rock show. (The Descendents, the Sainte Catherines, and the hadn't-done-a-US-tour-in-a-while Hot Water Music were my primary motivators the year I went.)

That's good to hear about the time conflicts thing, I've never attended an actual festival before, but it seems like you sometimes have to make some really hard decisions. I would go to this for The Lawrence Arms alone, mostly because I still haven't seen them yet, haha. Pretty much everyone else that interests me I've seen at least once, it would be cool to see Rancid again, but I'd like to see them in a more intimate setting.
12:16 PM on 03/20/13
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
That's good to hear about the time conflicts thing, I've never attended an actual festival before, but it seems like you sometimes have to make some really hard decisions. I would go to this for The Lawrence Arms alone, mostly because I still haven't seen them yet, haha. Pretty much everyone else that interests me I've seen at least once, it would be cool to see Rancid again, but I'd like to see them in a more intimate setting.

I've seen most of the bands I want to see before, but some I haven't seen for quite a few years (Millencolin, H2O, the Lawrence Arms). Honestly, though, the appeal for me is mostly to see bands in a setting outside of the way I normally see them (i.e., a club or theater gig). I like to see how different bands handle crowds, set lists, etc. There's also the element of "bands I'd watch but would never pay $40+ to see headline" at a festival like this (Marilyn Manson, Anthrax) so...I dunno. I'm a dork.

The year I went, it was basically punk/metal band alternating on the main stage, and it looks to be the same this year. Though, I'll say that going from the Offspring to Marilyn Manson or from Alice Cooper to Rise Against won't be anywhere near as jarring as Lamb of God playing after the Descendents. Haha.
03:34 PM on 03/20/13
andrewa5
www.facebook.com/oftemples
User Info.
Ive gone to this festival the last couple of years and My band is actually playing this year! Should be an awesome time!
03:38 PM on 03/20/13
andrewa5
User Info.
Like I said my band is playing and we should have tickets to sell in the next 1-2 weeks. I believe they are 79$ for the 2 day pass. If you are in the montreal area or passing through and need tickets, feel free to contact me!

Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums