www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Whoa, this ought to be awesome.
08:49 AM on 03/20/13
faversham
Faversham
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Especially a band with the credentials of this group.
Agreed. I'm an independent artist. I get no funding from any outside label or other source (I don't claim to sell millions but I sell a few). I saved my money and bought the equipment I needed, and invested my time. (I also have a full time job, if I can find the time they can find the time) I learned how to record, mix, master and distribute my own music.

It doesn't cost that much to record and release music these days. Granted, vinyls do cost more to produce and it is possible to put the money toward touring and marketing but Bands need to start being (or working with) better business people. Most regular businesses would have to go to a bank and be approved for a loan.

The incentives for these things are pointless too. They're just selling the music and merch in advance. Signatures are worthless. (I'll pay for Babe Ruth's autograph why would I want an unproven band's) If the album and band turn out to be good I'll buy the merch anyway.

Besides, he wasn't even a key Glassjaw member and so what if it's Thursday's drummer.

It's a free country though, people can spend their money however they want. Just my thoughts.
08:51 AM on 03/20/13
pirateanarchy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Only good things can come from this...pretty excited
08:54 AM on 03/20/13
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this shit is really starting to get out of hand. people arent even trying anymore. put the time in, work that extra shift, save your money, and do things yourself. if anything, its gotten easier over the last decade to record and self release, not more difficult.
09:03 AM on 03/20/13
krockradio24
User Info.
09:08 AM on 03/20/13
topsecret
User Info.
$20 for a 7". I'm so fucking tired of these things.
Agree. Its kind of insulting. Yeah, I like a lot of the bands those guys have played in, but why the hell do they deserve $20 for a 7" that costs a couple bucks to produce. Maybe they shouldn't record with Ross Robinson. Maybe they should find a label. I've worked for everything I have (and its not much). Fuck all these bands & people asking for handouts and giving little in return.

edit: I feel if a band is looking for outside money to record & produce a record then they should be paying those early investors some dividends. Just like a label would be taking their cut. A band should owe their kickstarter supporters a cut of the future earnings.
09:09 AM on 03/20/13
sergioisevil
User Info.
Before this turns into an argument about punk rock, the DIY movement, and the ethics of kickstarter, let me just say that I'm stoked to hear what comes out of this, and everyone else should to, regardless of whether or not you're willing to donate.
09:11 AM on 03/20/13
Christopher N
User Info.
Agreed. I'm an independent artist. I get no funding from any outside label or other source (I don't claim to sell millions but I sell a few). I saved my money and bought the equipment I needed, and invested my time. (I also have a full time job, if I can find the time they can find the time) I learned how to record, mix, master and distribute my own music.

It doesn't cost that much to record and release music these days. Granted, vinyls do cost more to produce and it is possible to put the money toward touring and marketing but Bands need to start being (or working with) better business people. Most regular businesses would have to go to a bank and be approved for a loan.

The incentives for these things are pointless too. They're just selling the music and merch in advance. Signatures are worthless. (I'll pay for Babe Ruth's autograph why would I want an unproven band's) If the album and band turn out to be good I'll buy the merch anyway.

Besides, he wasn't even a key Glassjaw member and so what if it's Thursday's drummer.

It's a free country though, people can spend their money however they want. Just my thoughts.
Stop calling vinyl records "vinyls".
09:13 AM on 03/20/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I'll wait to drop 20 bucks on a 7" when I hear it.
09:14 AM on 03/20/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
lol this
09:15 AM on 03/20/13
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
This could be cool.
09:15 AM on 03/20/13
faversham
Faversham
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for pointing that out. I can't believe I incorrectly stated the most important point in my response. What would I do without you.
09:18 AM on 03/20/13
colean
Leandro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
These dudes are great musicians? Definitely! Their music are too? IDK but im stoked to listen
09:28 AM on 03/20/13
Chris Collum
No dumbass dove in my dumbass brain
User Info.
This is cool I guess, but how about instead Thursday gets back together and GlassJaw finally puts out a new full-length?

/thatguy
09:36 AM on 03/20/13
Loveisa4lttrwrd
stuff
User Info.
Haha, glad I could be of service.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives