Username
Password
Recording News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 68.
09:37 AM on 03/20/13
Loveisa4lttrwrd
stuff
User Info.
Well does anybody really ever say "shucks" if they're not being facetious?
09:41 AM on 03/20/13
GhostOverground
User Info.
Which FATA member is in this?
09:47 AM on 03/20/13
Hindenburg
DIY Guy
User Info.
haha really though, all the legitimacy went out the window after seeing that ugly non-word
09:54 AM on 03/20/13
davidplaysdrums
User Info.
Agreed. I'm an independent artist. I get no funding from any outside label or other source (I don't claim to sell millions but I sell a few). I saved my money and bought the equipment I needed, and invested my time. (I also have a full time job, if I can find the time they can find the time) I learned how to record, mix, master and distribute my own music.

It doesn't cost that much to record and release music these days. Granted, vinyls do cost more to produce and it is possible to put the money toward touring and marketing but Bands need to start being (or working with) better business people. Most regular businesses would have to go to a bank and be approved for a loan.

The incentives for these things are pointless too. They're just selling the music and merch in advance. Signatures are worthless. (I'll pay for Babe Ruth's autograph why would I want an unproven band's) If the album and band turn out to be good I'll buy the merch anyway.

Besides, he wasn't even a key Glassjaw member and so what if it's Thursday's drummer.

It's a free country though, people can spend their money however they want. Just my thoughts.
wasn't a key glassjaw member? have you ever listened to glassjaw? he's one of the most distinctive guitarists in aggressive music ever. If y'all don't like it don't back it, stop complaining.
09:56 AM on 03/20/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Fuck a kickstarter
09:58 AM on 03/20/13
faversham
Faversham
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wasn't a key glassjaw member? have you ever listened to glassjaw? he's one of the most distinctive guitarists in aggressive music ever. If y'all don't like it don't back it, stop complaining.
You may be thinking of Justin Beck. And I'm only one person, not a group... ya'll.
10:02 AM on 03/20/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Agreed. I'm an independent artist. I get no funding from any outside label or other source (I don't claim to sell millions but I sell a few). I saved my money and bought the equipment I needed, and invested my time. (I also have a full time job, if I can find the time they can find the time) I learned how to record, mix, master and distribute my own music.

It doesn't cost that much to record and release music these days. Granted, vinyls do cost more to produce and it is possible to put the money toward touring and marketing but Bands need to start being (or working with) better business people. Most regular businesses would have to go to a bank and be approved for a loan.

The incentives for these things are pointless too. They're just selling the music and merch in advance. Signatures are worthless. (I'll pay for Babe Ruth's autograph why would I want an unproven band's) If the album and band turn out to be good I'll buy the merch anyway.

Besides, he wasn't even a key Glassjaw member and so what if it's Thursday's drummer.

It's a free country though, people can spend their money however they want. Just my thoughts.

Good points. Minus the vinyls thing.
10:04 AM on 03/20/13
designerbandaid
User Info.
im super into this but 8 dollars for a digital download?
10:06 AM on 03/20/13
designerbandaid
User Info.
also i would like to hear this band first..
10:11 AM on 03/20/13
lilRIPsta
User Info.

Is Beck part of this? I couldnt watch the vid cuz im at work. Who from what band is in this?
10:20 AM on 03/20/13
cherrycokewhore
Registered Pokémon Trainer
User Info.
I'll pay for the $1 download, but I'll buy music from an unknown band once I know it exists.
10:20 AM on 03/20/13
topsecret
User Info.
Is Beck part of this? I couldnt watch the vid cuz im at work. Who from what band is in this?
No. Its Todd Weinstock from Glassjaw/Men Women & Children, Tucker Rule from Thursday/I Hate Our Freedom, Lars Weiss from Judge, Brian Deneeve from FATA, Derrick Karg from Death in the Park.
10:21 AM on 03/20/13
hiya
User Info.
Nice to see Todd doing something again, dude is mad talented.
10:23 AM on 03/20/13
TylorPhillip
User Info.
$20 for a 7". I'm so fucking tired of these things.

yep.
10:27 AM on 03/20/13
TylorPhillip
User Info.
this shit is really starting to get out of hand. people arent even trying anymore. put the time in, work that extra shift, save your money, and do things yourself. if anything, its gotten easier over the last decade to record and self release, not more difficult.

Agreed. Kickstarter is the new MySpace band. Get out there and work.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS