Username
Password

10:09 AM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
I make music.
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
Does it matter to you if a band has an official website or not?

Opinions. Go!
10:25 AM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
Timekeeper
Writer
LA/NC
Male - 20 Years Old
I'm more likely to check a band's Facebook page than their official website. As long as they have some sort of official online presence I'm not too bothered with specifics.
10:27 AM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
dunkinsdonut
No Avatar Selected
MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Back in like 2000 it mattered to me but not anymore with as much social media and such
10:30 AM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
BallOutBoy
Post Modern Baseball
Western MA
21 Years Old
I think facebook, twitter, and bandcamp are all much more important than an official website.
11:15 AM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
Raynham, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
I hate to see them go, but even the bands that have nice official sites tend to not keep them updated. So as long as there's a few hot social media sites to serve the purpose (especially something like Tumblr, which can effectively be the official site with a better social aspect), I don't see the need for the official sites anymore.
11:26 AM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
I make music.
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
I hate to see them go, but even the bands that have nice official sites tend to not keep them updated. So as long as there's a few hot social media sites to serve the purpose (especially something like Tumblr, which can effectively be the official site with a better social aspect), I don't see the need for the official sites anymore.
that's interesting. i haven't really dove too far into Tumblr. what about it is better than Facebook and stuff?
11:51 AM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
Raynham, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
that's interesting. i haven't really dove too far into Tumblr. what about it is better than Facebook and stuff?
Not necessarily better (although it hasn't been inundated with advertisements yet), but it's more website-like. The layout can be designed to act just like a website, with the main content being all your posts and separate pages (tour dates, music, etc.) can be created and used as navigation. So if someone goes to it, it can effectively be a website without having to pay for hosting, etc., plus fans have the ability to follow the page and receive all your updates on their dashboard.
11:53 AM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
I make music.
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
Not necessarily better (although it hasn't been inundated with advertisements yet), but it's more website-like. The layout can be designed to act just like a website, with the main content being all your posts and separate pages (tour dates, music, etc.) can be created and used as navigation. So if someone goes to it, it can effectively be a website without having to pay for hosting, etc., plus fans have the ability to follow the page and receive all your updates on their dashboard.
hmmm that sounds cool. i'll have to look into that more.
11:57 AM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
Raynham, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
Let me know if you need any help.
12:12 PM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
As long as there is a site I can check tour dates, doesn't matter to me what it is.
12:22 PM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
I don't think I ever check band's official websites. So, it absolutely doesn't bother me one way or another.
12:43 PM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
squared82
why burn poor and lonely?
Pittsburgh PA
Male - 26 Years Old
I usually only check them for tour information, and that's not always up-to-date.
02:34 PM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
http://moseyrock.com/ This is a tumblr page but looks just like a normal website.
02:49 PM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
Timekeeper
Writer
LA/NC
Male - 20 Years Old

Property of Zack is a tumblr, for instance.
04:12 PM on 03/20/13 
User Info.
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
Ayr, Scotland
Male - 25 Years Old
As long as there is a site I can check tour dates, doesn't matter to me what it is.

This is all I use official websites for. Tend not to follow many bands on facebook because I have enough crap being posted on there taking up my news feed - but Twitter is the best 'official' format for bands to use (IMO)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos