Username
Password
Recording News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 68.
10:41 AM on 03/20/13
thedreamisdead
wut?
User Info.
Is it just me or does the video make these dudes look like they just heard about Kickstarter?
10:41 AM on 03/20/13
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
I'm indifferent to their use of Kickstarter, but all of these guys are incredible, incredible musicians, and I'm sure this is going to be awesome.
10:45 AM on 03/20/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Where were all you people when I was practically buried alive on here for shitting on kickstarter a few months back?
10:46 AM on 03/20/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Ill probably donate. I really wish Summer Law with Brian and Matt (from Emanuel) worked out yearssss ago
11:26 AM on 03/20/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Where were all you people when I was practically buried alive on here for shitting on kickstarter a few months back?

1. Whos kickstarter was it
2. I always shit on kickstarter...until it got monotonous
3. Different ppl in different threads
11:48 AM on 03/20/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
1. Whos kickstarter was it
2. I always shit on kickstarter...until it got monotonous
3. Different ppl in different threads

I honestly can't remember but it really was a shitshow of basically me making a lot of the same points made in this thread and the vast majority of posters in the thread telling me to get real and fuck off because kickstarter is an honorable and great means of artists keeping their fans close. In a nutshell.
11:50 AM on 03/20/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I honestly can't remember but it really was a shitshow of basically me making a lot of the same points made in this thread and the vast majority of posters in the thread telling me to get real and fuck off because kickstarter is an honorable and great means of artists keeping their fans close. In a nutshell.

Yeah well they were probably dilsmacks anyway
12:26 PM on 03/20/13
ruin12beneath
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Its gonna be sick! those dudes collectively have made some records that are classics
Bunch of haters on here
Its gonna be better then 80% of the shit that on this site anyway
recording prodction design and distribution aint cheap
$20 is ok
12:48 PM on 03/20/13
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sorry i missed that party. i have always shared your sentiments. im going to start a kickstarter to support your cause.
01:02 PM on 03/20/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
hell yeah.
01:58 PM on 03/20/13
canvasofwinter
User Info.
"I wish it was harder for musicians I love to release music."
02:01 PM on 03/20/13
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
$20 for a 7". I'm so fucking tired of these things.
Yeah seriously. I'd be interested in helping out but it's like they don't even realize what these things sell for normally. A digital download of 4 songs should not cost $8
04:01 PM on 03/20/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
sorry i missed that party. i have always shared your sentiments. im going to start a kickstarter to support your cause.

Now THAT is one I'd donate to. Will you snapchat me of I pay 100?
12:38 AM on 03/21/13
likedyingy0ung
I should have crashed the car
User Info.
this shit is really starting to get out of hand. people arent even trying anymore. put the time in, work that extra shift, save your money, and do things yourself. if anything, its gotten easier over the last decade to record and self release, not more difficult.
The musicians involved with this project are all reputable, and whether you enjoyed the music any of them have made or not, it was good music in the eyes of pretty much 99% of fans of their respective genres. That being said, I doubt their out and doing this just to dupe us all and make some cash. No label is going to step up and offer to back a side project from a bunch of guys who happened to be in relevant bands some time ago. Could they probably pool together the funds themselves? Most likely. Would it take a great deal of time? Probably. Would something else come up in most of their careers by the time they got the money needed? Also very likely.

I'd rather them get some money now, get out there and show us what's going to come from this project, and be able to make a better record than if they had to go through other means.

Kickstarter is not the hell machine people make it out to be; nor is it something that should be abused. Shit like the Jonny Craig campaign are disgraceful. But some musicians don't want to work for two years to save up enough money to record a single 7 inch, and until you've been in the situation yourself you can't really blame them.

That being said, I love all of the guys in on this and I don't care how many people shit on their campaign, the music that results from this is going to be fantastic.
08:28 AM on 03/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
The musicians involved with this project are all reputable, and whether you enjoyed the music any of them have made or not, it was good music in the eyes of pretty much 99% of fans of their respective genres. That being said, I doubt their out and doing this just to dupe us all and make some cash. No label is going to step up and offer to back a side project from a bunch of guys who happened to be in relevant bands some time ago. Could they probably pool together the funds themselves? Most likely. Would it take a great deal of time? Probably. Would something else come up in most of their careers by the time they got the money needed? Also very likely.

I'd rather them get some money now, get out there and show us what's going to come from this project, and be able to make a better record than if they had to go through other means.

Kickstarter is not the hell machine people make it out to be; nor is it something that should be abused. Shit like the Jonny Craig campaign are disgraceful. But some musicians don't want to work for two years to save up enough money to record a single 7 inch, and until you've been in the situation yourself you can't really blame them.

That being said, I love all of the guys in on this and I don't care how many people shit on their campaign, the music that results from this is going to be fantastic.

Your third paragraph is ridiculous.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests