AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Property of Zack News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

POZ Presents: Escape The Fate Interview

Posted by - 05:33 PM on 03/20/13
PropertyOfZack recently spoke with Craig Mabbitt of Escape The Fate. They discussed going through band members, changing major labels, getting their act together, and more.
It literally was just me, my drummer, a fill-in guitarist, a fill-in bassist, and we had just released the self-titled album. So everybody was like, “What the fuck is going on with these guys?” Shortly after that we were like, “We’ve got to start working on a new record.” Who’s going to be in the band? Who’s going to be on the record? We start working on it; we decided we’re going to get new management. Interscope at that point had already fired their whole rock department. So at first I was kind of bummed like, “Man they dropped our band.” But then I find out that they just fired the whole rock department. So that made me feel a little bit better, because it wasn’t just us. But we completely did an overhaul: New business management, new management, new label, new everything. It took a while to do that. Once I got all of our mixes back that we had worked on back when I was previously talking about, we were just unhappy with half of the record. That’s when we started working with other producers. Then we decided to just do this on our own. We finished the last half of our record and we were satisfied with it; went in to the mixing process and now we’re finally doing photos, videos, so it finally feels like the ball’s rolling again.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
06:08 PM on 03/20/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
But Justin Timberlake is off limits.
06:11 PM on 03/20/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
06:23 PM on 03/20/13
Trent Powers
User Info.
Papa Roach sucks
06:53 PM on 03/20/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Yep!
06:59 PM on 03/20/13
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
haha Tate.

- Gunz
07:48 PM on 03/20/13
OldManRiverWalk
twinkly time
User Info.
Papa Roach was one of the bands that helped me bridge the gap from listening to radio rock to getting into this "scene." They had that sort of alt rocky, post-grungy radio rock sound that I listened to when I was 14, but their old stuff had just a bit of that punk sound that got me into the bands I listen to today. So I do respect them...a little bit.
07:56 PM on 03/20/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
great read

-I’ve never thought about stopping. I’m not the original singer, but how many bands have the original singer these days? Or original members in general? The biggest bands in the world, people have died off and they replaced them. I’ve never thought of stopping. This is what I’ve worked everything for. It’s why I missed my daughter’s first steps. My love for music; I want to get out there and I want to share my music for people. It’s a beautiful cycle. We’re about to go out on tour with Papa Roach, who’s been a band now for 20 years. I talk on the phone with Jacoby a lot. To be a band that’s been around that long that’s still killin’ it and being so humble to give me support, I’ll play our headliner shows and a kid comes up to me and he’s got high hopes and dreams and is like, “I want to be on tour with you one day.” I’m like, “You know what man? You will be.” It’s a beautiful cycle with music. I’ve spent a lot of time reading the stupid fact things on Twitter. I just recently read one that said 80% of people can escape and find harmony by listening to music. That’s definitely how I feel. As long as we’re still on there to listen, it’s worth it. -

WOW
08:08 PM on 03/20/13
steve187
nah
User Info.
crazy that this band is still around
10:59 PM on 03/20/13
Drown_The_City
A contender now throwing the fight
User Info.
To think I saw this band live 6 times in one year (2006) mistake...
04:40 AM on 03/21/13
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Hm. I can't get into their image, at all, but he had some pretty decent things to say there.
07:49 AM on 03/21/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
To think I saw this band live 6 times in one year (2006) mistake...
They were catchy with Ronnie. No need to apologize.
08:25 AM on 03/21/13
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
and craig mabbit is still kicking himself for leaving blessthefall
10:00 AM on 03/21/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
I like Escape The Fate...apparently I'm in the minority here :/
10:04 AM on 03/21/13
warpedFr3ak
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like Escape The Fate...apparently I'm in the minority here :/

No, I like them. And though they don't have as big of a fan base as they might have between 2007-2011 I think this album will help judging my the first two tracks and health of the band.

Understandably I see why not many people on here like them. That is fine. I like many genres so i'm biased. I guess I don't get why people just shit on bands they don't like? Why bother commenting?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos