Username
Password
Sum41 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Sum41
Inside AP.net

Sum 41 To Work on New Album This Year

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (03/25/13)
Sum 41 plan to work on a new album this year.

Submitted by pbueddi

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 43
08:47 AM on 03/25/13
Nanji
User Info.
Awesome
08:49 AM on 03/25/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I thought Underclass Hero was one of their better records but I didn't care for their newest album at all.
08:55 AM on 03/25/13
Fox83
User Info.
Happy about this. Screaming Bloody Murder was a bit of a misstep in my opinion, and I was hoping for a follow up that could redeem them a bit. It was severely delayed which made me worry they were going to have a falling out with their label.

That said, I'm assuming this will be finished by the end of the summer but not get released until a year later because of said delays.
08:59 AM on 03/25/13
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Derryck will hurt his back and then they'll have to postpone.
09:02 AM on 03/25/13
bakerboy420
User Info.
still hoping brown sound will come back one day. But as a Canadian I still love this band
09:04 AM on 03/25/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Loved Screaming Bloody Murder. Hated Underclass Hero.
09:11 AM on 03/25/13
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
Happy about this. Screaming Bloody Murder was a bit of a misstep in my opinion, and I was hoping for a follow up that could redeem them a bit. It was severely delayed which made me worry they were going to have a falling out with their label.

That said, I'm assuming this will be finished by the end of the summer but not get released until a year later because of said delays.

If you think Screaming Bloody Murder was a "misstep," I'm curious which of their albums you consider to be good. Screaming Bloody Murder was a bit lacking in the pop/punk side but had elements from every other album of theirs on it.
09:22 AM on 03/25/13
Fox83
User Info.
If you think Screaming Bloody Murder was a "misstep," I'm curious which of their albums you consider to be good. Screaming Bloody Murder was a bit lacking in the pop/punk side but had elements from every other album of theirs on it.
It was an album that had the sound I was hoping Sum 41 would go for, but it just lacked anything memorable to me. There were a few decent songs, but it just seemed to be missing some hooks that I enjoy most with Sum 41. I'm okay with "lacking in the pop/punk side," - that's not the issue. I just felt that if you asked me to recall anything off of that album other than the title track and maybe Blood In My Eyes, I'd be stumped - and I've listened to that album at least five times.
09:24 AM on 03/25/13
knoxvillee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Loved Screaming Bloody Murder. Hated Underclass Hero.
I loved them both, and stoked about a new album.
09:25 AM on 03/25/13
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I liked the single and one other on their latest album. I miss Brown Sound, not that they got worse without him, I just liked him in the band.
09:28 AM on 03/25/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I felt that the songwriting on SBM was weak personally, whereas Underclass Hero was hot and cold, SBM had one or two standout songs and a load of mediocre ones.

Hoping they can regain their old glory no matter what direction they take musically.
09:46 AM on 03/25/13
choice-of-fate
Groezrock represent.
User Info.
SBM was amazing in comparison to Underclass Hero. It was a bit too dark though, would like more 'fun' into the music.
09:46 AM on 03/25/13
Fox83
User Info.
I felt that the songwriting on SBM was weak personally, whereas Underclass Hero was hot and cold, SBM had one or two standout songs and a load of mediocre ones.

Hoping they can regain their old glory no matter what direction they take musically.
Agree on all points.
09:52 AM on 03/25/13
Skumfuk41
Jesus of Suburbia
User Info.
I really can't wait for this.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives