Username
Password
Alter The Press News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Alter The Press
Inside AP.net

ATP Presents: Ten Years On - Finch

Posted by: Drew Beringer (03/26/13)
Alter The Press's latest "Ten Years On" feature is focusing on Finch and the ten years on since the release of What It Is To Burn. Check it out here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
11:45 AM on 03/26/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Man I loved that album.
11:50 AM on 03/26/13
aoftbsten
Go Buffs.
User Info.
Deja vu... didn't Property of Zack just start doing this? With the exact same album as the first subject?
12:01 PM on 03/26/13
jhog3411
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I liked it at the time but I don't think this album aged too well.
12:22 PM on 03/26/13
loveisdead
LGJ
User Info.
It's been 11 years

But whatever. I love that album. Ender is a really well done song.
12:25 PM on 03/26/13
bigproof
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Deja vu... didn't Property of Zack just start doing this? With the exact same album as the first subject?

They don't interview the band. I think alter the press has been doing this feature for a while?
12:33 PM on 03/26/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's been 11 years

But whatever. I love that album. Ender is a really well done song.

lol nice.
12:42 PM on 03/26/13
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If I was in Finch I'd hate myself. I can't think of a band that hasn't been able to escape their first album as much as these guys. They've tried so hard to get past it with some new stuff but it looks like they finally gave in with the tour and the vinyl pressing. They will never do anything but live off of this album and it's kind of sad as I thought they put out some decent stuff since.

For the record, one of my favorite albums of all time. From front to back it's fantastic and still a good nostalgic listen even though I don't enjoy the music quite as much as I did at the time it still holds a special place for me.
12:46 PM on 03/26/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
We did something very similar a month ago, yes. http://propertyofzack.com/post/42945...-it-is-to-burn
12:49 PM on 03/26/13
topsecret
User Info.
If I was in Finch I'd hate myself. I can't think of a band that hasn't been able to escape their first album as much as these guys. They've tried so hard to get past it with some new stuff but it looks like they finally gave in with the tour and the vinyl pressing. They will never do anything but live off of this album and it's kind of sad as I thought they put out some decent stuff since.

For the record, one of my favorite albums of all time. From front to back it's fantastic and still a good nostalgic listen even though I don't enjoy the music quite as much as I did at the time it still holds a special place for me.
I think you are confused w/ some things. For one, they have nothing to do with the record Hot Topic put out. Universal owns the masters & that's where the embarrassing Hot Topic version came from. Also, they have no reason to hate themselves. Their band took them much further than the majority of bands out there.
12:50 PM on 03/26/13
topsecret
User Info.
Alter the Press did it better by going straight to the source. Only person worthwhile in your column was Dan. Not sure how the other 2 were randomly selected.
12:53 PM on 03/26/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Alter the Press did it better by going straight to the source. Only person worthwhile in your column was Dan. Not sure how the other 2 were randomly selected.

We tried to involve the band in the feature for several weeks and they never got back to us. We did our best.
12:56 PM on 03/26/13
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
Man I loved that album.

This.

WIITB was my "Shape Of Punk To Come". Kind of blew the doors off my musical tastes. They were my gateway to dozens and dozens, if not hundreds of other bands (including Refused, ha)
01:07 PM on 03/26/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
This.

WIITB was my "Shape Of Punk To Come". Kind of blew the doors off my musical tastes. They were my gateway to dozens and dozens, if not hundreds of other bands (including Refused, ha)
Exactly. This, Rufio, TSL and some others are what opened my eyes to this style/genre.

Especially Finch.
01:16 PM on 03/26/13
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think you are confused w/ some things. For one, they have nothing to do with the record Hot Topic put out. Universal owns the masters & that's where the embarrassing Hot Topic version came from. Also, they have no reason to hate themselves. Their band took them much further than the majority of bands out there.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I'd just be dissapointed if I kept creating music I was proud of and people only liked the first thing I put out. I love that they did a tour and a vinyl on it, it just has to get frustrating living off of past success and not being able to forge forward. Kind of like a one hit wonder but with an album. There's so much hate for anything new Finch tried and it's a shame as to me they did some good things since this album.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests