Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

POZ Presents: Dave Elkins (Mae) Interview

Posted by: Drew Beringer (03/27/13)
PropertyOfZack recently sat down with Dave Elkins (Mae; Schematic) and they talked about the upcoming Destination: Beautiful Tour and more.
I do know that if we’re going to do Destination: Beautiful, more people know Mae for The Everglow than Destination: Beautiful so it would not make sense to do DB and not do The Everglow. So in 2015 we’d have to re-approach that again. We’ve sat across a table over the last several weeks and said, “Well hey, if we did this again what would we want it to look and feel like?” All we know is that when we get together, and we plug in and we play, that’s what feels right. All the business that happens in the middle of it, it just feels right. When you get the refresher, it starts to be like, “Oh man. This is nice. This is what we always loved about it, when it was pure. And it’s pure again.” So we go slowly and we take little bites.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
01:53 PM on 03/27/13
Dlemert
User Info.
The possibility of a legitimate Mae reunion does not sound hopeful. Seeing them do a long tour would be cool, but I'd love to see the guys put out a massive, experiential album like The Everglow again.
01:59 PM on 03/27/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I would love an Everglow tour, hopefully that would come to the UK. I'd also love Mae to get back together and start making good music again, they might as well if they're touring for this and The Everglow.
04:37 PM on 03/27/13
jhog3411
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really liked D:B and the Everglow but why is this band still somewhat a band? I can understand one reunion tour, but why keep doing it to rehash old stuff? They already did a 5 year D:B tour. If you're going to put out more albums or EPs like the Morning, Afternoon, Evening stuff, then cool. This reminds me of a small time version of a classic rock band that keeps touring with no new music and just plays the hits. Not interested.
04:40 PM on 03/27/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
(m)orning is easily the best thing they ever did. They should make more shit like that. Wonderful little ep.
05:27 PM on 03/27/13
dangerofthought
An Uneducated Opinion
User Info.
I really liked D:B and the Everglow but why is this band still somewhat a band? I can understand one reunion tour, but why keep doing it to rehash old stuff? They already did a 5 year D:B tour. If you're going to put out more albums or EPs like the Morning, Afternoon, Evening stuff, then cool. This reminds me of a small time version of a classic rock band that keeps touring with no new music and just plays the hits. Not interested.
I mean, they've been on hiatus for 2.5 years now where they haven't put out any new music. Like Dave said in the interview, they've played a handful of shows in Nashville and their hometown I think since then. And all he said was in two years, when it's The Everglow's 10th Anniversary, they might do another few shows for it. Mae isn't doing any touring on old material, at least not right now.

Dave is doing a full tour now with his new band and his new material, so that isn't touring on old stuff either.
06:00 PM on 03/27/13
areyoukiddingme
Yes.
User Info.
I would think more people are familiar with D:B.
09:52 AM on 03/28/13
EmoPunkKid28
User Info.
I'm in the minority, and prefer D:B over the everglow. Hoping there is a Boston show on that tour!
10:28 AM on 03/28/13
jhog3411
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I mean, they've been on hiatus for 2.5 years now where they haven't put out any new music. Like Dave said in the interview, they've played a handful of shows in Nashville and their hometown I think since then. And all he said was in two years, when it's The Everglow's 10th Anniversary, they might do another few shows for it. Mae isn't doing any touring on old material, at least not right now.

Dave is doing a full tour now with his new band and his new material, so that isn't touring on old stuff either.
They announced last week that it will be a tour, not just a few shows. Now he just said they will likely do another tour in two years for Everglow. Dave doing his solo band has nothing to do with my opinion.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests