AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Billy Talent News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Show Review: Billy Talent/Sum 41/Hollerado/Indian Handcrafts

Posted by - 10:23 AM on 03/29/13
You can read my review of the Dead Silence tour featuring Billy Talent, Sum 41, Hollerado and Indian Handcrafts over here.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
10:51 AM on 03/29/13
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
Very nice read! Billy Talent and Sum 41 are two of my favorite bands, I would love to seem them tour together here in Europe.
About Sum 41, I think they didn't play any songs from Screaming Bloody Murder because they know that album didn't sell very well and because of their rather short time limit as the opening band, they chose to only play the crowd pleasers. I think they are still very proud of that record (when I saw them they played like 6 songs from SBM), but it's the only Sum 41 album that didn't have a hit song.

Billy Talent and Sum 41 are both extremely energetic live acts, especially BT. When I saw BT a few months ago I was glad that Ben still has as much energy as he had in 2003, considering that was ten years ago. Dead Silence also has some songs that work amazingly live like Man Alive, Runnin Across the Tracks and Surprise Surprise.
11:05 AM on 03/29/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Very nice read! Billy Talent and Sum 41 are two of my favorite bands, I would love to seem them tour together here in Europe.
About Sum 41, I think they didn't play any songs from Screaming Bloody Murder because they know that album didn't sell very well and because of their rather short time limit as the opening band, they chose to only play the crowd pleasers. I think they are still very proud of that record (when I saw them they played like 6 songs from SBM), but it's the only Sum 41 album that didn't have a hit song.

Billy Talent and Sum 41 are both extremely energetic live acts, especially BT. When I saw BT a few months ago I was glad that Ben still has as much energy as he had in 2003, considering that was ten years ago. Dead Silence also has some songs that work amazingly live like Man Alive, Runnin Across the Tracks and Surprise Surprise.

Thanks for reading! Both bands go perfectly together so I hope you might be able to catch them together someday.

And yeah you're probably right, but I'm still surprised, haha. I really was expecting one song from SBM. And while it might not have had a big hit like "Fat Lip," SBM was still somehow nominated for a Grammy...

But again I can't really complain because I'm not really into that record. I greatly appreciate the fact that they went for the crowd pleasers instead.
11:25 AM on 03/29/13
WhitefalconTLE
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I need billy talent to come back to the states again soon. Been too long since I saw such an awesome live show! Great review btw!
11:59 AM on 03/29/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I need billy talent to come back to the states again soon. Been too long since I saw such an awesome live show! Great review btw!

Thanks! I hope you get to catch them sometime as well. I know they will be playing some shows on Warped this summer, although I also realize that isn't a very in-depth set...
01:34 PM on 03/29/13
Fil_22
User Info.
That was a great show always a fun time seeing Billy Talent. With all the hits played by Sum 41 I really wish they would have added Makes No Difference in there though.
03:36 PM on 03/29/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
That was a great show always a fun time seeing Billy Talent. With all the hits played by Sum 41 I really wish they would have added Makes No Difference in there though.

Yeah, overall I just wish they had more time to play. Hopefully they come back for a headlining show sooner than later.
04:53 PM on 03/29/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
Nice review, I'm glad both bands still kick ass live. I had the luck to see them both live (in sepparate ocasions) and they gave the crowd one of the best shows I've ever been to. Especially Sum 41!
07:11 PM on 03/29/13
DeathOrGlory
I'm not fucked, not quite
User Info.
Everyone should listen to Indian Handcrafts. They're great
10:08 PM on 03/29/13
WhitefalconTLE
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah I would have loved to have seen them on warped but they're not on any of the dates around me :(
08:28 AM on 03/30/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Nice review, I'm glad both bands still kick ass live. I had the luck to see them both live (in sepparate ocasions) and they gave the crowd one of the best shows I've ever been to. Especially Sum 41!

Thanks! And yeah, Sum 41 is definitely one of the best live bands I've ever seen.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos