Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 148.
11:49 PM on 03/31/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
wait, so the band's first two albums weren't extremely heavy or brutal?
11:50 PM on 03/31/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
good review and i dig the record but not totally sure i agree with the 9 for lyrics. some of the lyrics on this album are pretty horrendous, especially anti-vist. ugh.
for the record, you should disregard the individuals scores in that chart and just pay attention to the score at the end of the review - I just gave the record a straight 9 - I don't rate those individual aspects.
11:50 PM on 03/31/13
katietheskatie
walking on a wire on the ground
User Info.
for the record, you should disregard the individuals scores in that chart and just pay attention to the score at the end of the review - I just gave the record a straight 9 - I don't rate those individual aspects.
duly noted.
11:58 PM on 03/31/13
EStubbs74
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love this album. I think the last two songs are the best
12:13 AM on 04/01/13
k1guitar
Keep calm and BLEGH!
User Info.
Maybe I need to give it a few more listens, but If I could re-title this album, it would be "The Boring Adventures of Mid-Tempo"

And that's the best way I can describe my problem with this album.
12:20 AM on 04/01/13
GerryK1978
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
never really been a fan of the band, although I didn't mind There Is A Hell....

this just sounds like a much heavier, shouty Linkin Park to me, bands like The Chariot do this sort of thing better and they are nowhere near as popular as BMTH are unfortunately
12:44 AM on 04/01/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
I enjoyed the album, and the review. However, I don't understand hating on the old records. Thought each release has been a solid Jam.
SS was okay, it has some decent songs, the sadness will never end being the best by far. But CYB was awful. You'll find most people on here hate that album, as like me, they think deathcore is just terrible in general.
01:03 AM on 04/01/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I really like the album and it contains alot of the bands best yet BUT whats the deal with Oli being so hateful (lyrically speaking) of faith/religion? I am personally agnostic so I dont mind lyrics challenging religion but lines like;

"Fuck your faith, no ones gonna save you
Fuck your faith"

"Show me a sign, show me a reason to give
A solitary fuck about your god damn beliefs
I'm going blind, but one thing's clear
Death is the only salvation you'll feel"

"What you call faith, I call a sorry excuse"

"So when you die, the only kingdom you'll see—
Is two-foot wide and six feet deep!"

are just too much at times IMO. Its like the main theme lyrically on at least half of the record unfortunately. Just wish it was more varied more than anything.
01:04 AM on 04/01/13
EStubbs74
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anyone else hear Casting Such a Thin Shadow in the beginning of Hospital For Souls?
01:57 AM on 04/01/13
no0ubis
User Info.
great review, great album:) the best :D
02:47 AM on 04/01/13
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
User Info.
I really like the album and it contains alot of the bands best yet BUT whats the deal with Oli being so hateful (lyrically speaking) of faith/religion? I am personally agnostic so I dont mind lyrics challenging religion but lines like;

Fuck your faith"

"So when you die, the only kingdom you'll seeŚ

are just too much at times IMO. Its like the main theme lyrically on at least half of the record unfortunately. Just wish it was more varied more than anything.

He's expressing his beliefs, which he's perfectly entitled to do, seeing as it's his record and all.
03:00 AM on 04/01/13
bencoles
twitter.com/bencoles_
User Info.
Surefire AOTY contender. Production is excellent, 'Sleepwalking' a favourite track.
03:18 AM on 04/01/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
He's expressing his beliefs, which he's perfectly entitled to do, seeing as it's his record and all.

Yeah I get that but it's a bit harsh no? I'm all for free speech and I don't even find this at all offensive for myself personally but I find it a bit much. It's like the difference between me saying boys like girls suck and boys like girls is fucking shit and fuck you if you like them you fucking moron.

Again, Oli is entitled to say whatever and he's vocally at his best. I just was saying one of my main criticisms with the record.
03:40 AM on 04/01/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.

Fuck your faith"

"So when you die, the only kingdom you'll seeŚ

It's his beliefs, and he wants to express them. He obviously has a strong distaste for religion. I personally think it's good that he didn't tone down the lyrics, as it shows that he isn't writing lyrics to gain loads of fans. One can only imagine how many sheep would suddenly love him if started singing about how much he loves Jesus.
03:47 AM on 04/01/13
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
User Info.
Yeah I get that but it's a bit harsh no? I'm all for free speech and I don't even find this at all offensive for myself personally but I find it a bit much. It's like the difference between me saying boys like girls suck and boys like girls is fucking shit and fuck you if you like them you fucking moron.

Again, Oli is entitled to say whatever and he's vocally at his best. I just was saying one of my main criticisms with the record.

Well, seeing as this is at heart a metalcore record, surely you'd kind of expect it to be aggressive both lyrically and musically?
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums