Username
Password
Purevolume News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Purevolume
Inside AP.net

PureVolume Presents: Alkaline Trio Interview

Posted by: Drew Beringer (04/01/13)
PureVolume sat down with Matt Skiba of Alkaline Trio to discuss the band's upcoming new album.
I mean all of my songs for the most part, with the exception of "The Temptation Of St. Anthony," are basically a love/apology letter to my ex-girlfriend who is on the cover of the album. We're still really close but it was pretty rough for a while there and I wrote it during those rough periods. There's very little metaphor, which has always been something we used. It's still on the record but it's pretty obvious what the songs are about and I'm happy with it. I think that's the way we wrote our early songs and some of the lyrics are pretty cringeworthy but it's honest. So it is for me an extremely personal record but it had a very solid purpose.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
11:53 AM on 04/01/13
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
awesome. can't wait to pick this up tomorrow.
01:07 PM on 04/01/13
darkjak22
Eternal Forward Momentum
User Info.
So 97 was about him being on probation and being unable to toke up?

I've GOT to tell my friend who is in the same situation that fact. That will become his favorite Trio song.
01:16 PM on 04/01/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I loved that one song they released from this record, probably the best A3 song I've heard in years. I think Jason? Said this record was pretty good if I remember.
01:28 PM on 04/01/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
This new album is solid punk rock. With the bonus tracks tacked on it makes the album one of their best.

Reading this makes me like "I Wanna Be A Warhol" more now. That is something I can relate too.
01:30 PM on 04/01/13
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Definitely a good album. Despite what I've seen, I really like the first track. It's just so simple and catchy. Still need to spend some time with this record to really think where it stacks up. Can't wait to see them in May with Bayside and Off With Their Heads.
01:36 PM on 04/01/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
This new album is solid punk rock. With the bonus tracks tacked on it makes the album one of their best.

Reading this makes me like "I Wanna Be A Warhol" more now. That is something I can relate too.

Stoked to hear these bonus tracks. They're great?
02:41 PM on 04/01/13
MKMN
___
User Info.
Really love the new album. So many solid and catchy songs. Broken Wing EP is also really awesome.
03:32 PM on 04/01/13
YOUAREtehSCENE
User Info.
Im digging the new CD
03:35 PM on 04/01/13
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album rules, which in itself rules since the last three were cringe-worthy.
04:26 PM on 04/01/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Stoked to hear these bonus tracks. They're great?
3 dan songs and a really good skiba song. Broken Wing and Pocket Knife are some of my favorite tracks by them in years. Broken Wings sounds like a really really good Bouncing Souls song imo. Very melodic punk rock that is upbeat.
05:01 PM on 04/01/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
album is pretty damn good
05:34 PM on 04/01/13
mshoreline49
User Info.
Album is pretty awesome. If you like Alkaline Trio, you'll like the new cd. I liked their past few cd's too though...
08:30 AM on 05/05/13
irememberhallow
User Info.
This was such a good article. He wasn't repetitive like some previous interviews I've read in regards to this album. Seeing as this article is a month old already, the album is really good. It grew on me fast and I can't find one thing I dislike about any of the songs.

Sad my preorder isn't here yet but that's what I get for ordering the "holy shit" package where the wood for the box isn't 100% looked at. Here's to waiting.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests