AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Contest News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Contest: Bouncing Souls Ticket Giveaway

Posted by - 11:29 AM on 04/01/13
We're giving away a pair of tickets for the Bouncing Souls show at Paramount in NYC on April 4th. The bill also features I Am The Avalanche and more. To win, tell me which Bouncing Souls' LP is your favorite and why. I will notify a winner by tomorrow morning. Good luck.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
11:29 AM on 04/01/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.

11:32 AM on 04/01/13
SharkMechonicon
Dan Campbell
User Info.
How I Spent My Summer Vacation is my favorite album by the Bouncing Souls. Because it is the album that me and all my friends found together and listen to and created friendships over. Manthem became and anthem for us as friends and as our own band. I believe that because of this album and the Bouncing Souls that that friendship between the 5 of us is still alive. This album is single handedly the reason I got into punk rock, found my friends, and started a band.
01:18 PM on 04/01/13
ACA
Next Show: No Devotion @ NYC 10/28
User Info.
I'm seeing them with A Wilhelm Scream (who is awesome, especially live) in Jersey, but IATA is even better (though I'd prefer to see AWS, as I've seen IATA about ten times). Hope whoever gets picked catches IATA, too -- killer live act.
02:13 PM on 04/01/13
ISUCK89
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
anchors aweigh is my favorite record by the bouncing souls because it has one of the best flows of any punk cd from the amazing opening of apartment 5f that draws you in on a groove then drops into a crazy fast super song and all through the motions of the other amazing songs that having you singing along forever!
02:21 PM on 04/01/13
njd107
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anchors Aweigh is The Bouncing Souls best album. Although this album appears to be a bit "darker" than their previous efforts, the lyrics are what makes this album stick out among the rest. In the song "Sing A Long Forever," the band offers an anthem that truly sums up what their music is all about. Through honest lyrics, The Bouncing Souls project a prideful criticism of today's music. "Give me a reason to care, I'll sing along forever," belts the members of the band as they reflect on the music that has stayed in their hearts for years. No matter what era or style of songs, if the lyrics are meaningful, kids will continue to cherish music.
03:27 PM on 04/01/13
MattBurkePhoto
Photographer
User Info.
Maniacal Laughter is my favorite record of theirs. Lamar Vanoy, The Freaks, Nerds, and Romantics, Born to lose, Here we go... all of them are classics... the entire record is incredible from start to finish. I'm not in the runnings to win these tickets since I live in Florida, but having grown up in NYC to these dudes and having a mashup of several logos of theirs tattooed on my entire neck, I thought I'd just offer up my 2 cents. Love these dudes.
11:20 PM on 04/01/13
tbone0329
Why is the world so sad?
User Info.
Anchors Aweigh is my favorite Souls album. I can still remember to this day being handed this album in 6th grade during band class by my friend, who I just met, and her telling me to listen to this album. Thanks to my friend, this album is the reason why I fell in love with The Bouncing Souls and what ultimately got me into punk rock in general. Right away from the opening bass riff of "Apartment 5F", i knew i was in for an absolute ride. There have been few greater music listening moments in my life than the first time I listened to 5F and how the pace kept picking up before exploding into the first verse. After listening to the album and gaining some of my favorite songs for life, I had to listen to the rest of their catalog. This album is the reason why the Souls have "gimme something to hold true, gimme something to sing about. Gimme a reason to care, I'll sing along forever."

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos