Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 58 of 58
05:55 PM on 04/05/13
Almost421
How did I get here?
User Info.
Would people hate songs like this and say "Some Nights" or something purely because of how much radio play they get? At least for "Some Nights" most people I talk to only don't like it because it was played too much, I have a feeling it's the same thing here. Fantastic album by someone who isn't even signed to a label, he deserves all his success.
I feel like "We Are Young" got played much more than "Some Nights"
06:02 PM on 04/05/13
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
How pissed off hip-hop fans get over all the white boys who hate most hiphop liking Macklemore is part of what makes him so awesome.

Normal people would be like "Oh you like that. Here check this stuff if you want to listen to something similar"

but with Macklemore and Hip Hop its just like "FUCK YOU MACKLEMORE SUCKS YOU SUCK FOR LIKING HIM LOOK HOW MUCH BETTER I AM THAN YOU"

It is also amusing to watch all the hate grow as it becomes popular. Same thing happened with Ce-Loo's Fuck You song. People were going crazy about it online, then suddenly it became popular and everyone hated it.

Its a shame so many people value their self-worth on the music they listen to and so need to change their tastes in order to keep fueling their smug superiority complex. Just listen to the music you like and don't give a shit about who else likes it.
Two thumbs down
07:08 PM on 04/05/13
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
if someone were to look me dead in the eyes and say "thrift shop is a good song" i would lose all respect for them.

The beat is great, the chorus is insanely catchy, and the lyrics are silly and fun. I mean, not liking it is one thing but to not have an understanding as to why others would, to the point of losing respect? That's incredibly close-minded and disappointed to see come from someone who works for a music site.
07:54 PM on 04/05/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Hate or love the song, it's pretty impressive when artists manage to create something both fans of the genre and casual listeners can enjoy. At SxSW macklemore's crowd had everything from frat bros to other musicians to parents to teen girls. That type of universal appeal is commendable in my opinion. Dudes music is fun, has heart, and resonates with a large audience, what's not to like?
08:18 PM on 04/05/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
4got i shouldn't try to exaggerate my disdain for things on this site anymore
08:54 PM on 04/05/13
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
I can dig these guys. Same Love is a gorgeous song, I hope it will be a single.
09:42 PM on 04/05/13
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
That Thrift Shop is actually bearable and humourous for a wider audience such as myself who do not enjoy hip hop.
This all the way. Song is so catchy and cracks me up
11:43 PM on 04/05/13
Ryan Dennehy
song is the equivalent of ripping your toenail off
12:08 AM on 04/06/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
1st song in awhile that got mega-popular and actually ended up being enjoyable to me once I checked it out finally. I would never listen to it that much though. Actually like what I looked up of Macklemore's other stuff. Really like his My Oh My song about the Seattle Mariners.
07:16 PM on 04/06/13
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i'm racist in this case. this shouldn't be on the same chart as I'm On One.
11:08 AM on 04/07/13
kemichels
I drove through ghosts to get here.
User Info.
if someone were to look me dead in the eyes and say "thrift shop is a good song" i would lose all respect for them.
thrift shop is a good song
11:24 AM on 04/07/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
thrift shop is a good song
I HATE YOU

i could never lose respect for u
08:31 PM on 04/07/13
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
User Info.
I love the beat, but besides that, I intensely dislike this song. Still, good for them for getting to this point from relative obscurity.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos