Username
Password

03:37 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
With Aching Looks & Breaking Hearts
Upstate New York
Female - 27 Years Old
I have wanted a tattoo for a while, but couldnt make up my mind on exactly what i wanted. I wanted to get a tattoo for my son that wasnt cliche. (like his name, or a heart with initals etc) I figured one day it would just come to me, which it FINALLY has. Now my dilemia is IDK where i want to get it done, here are my list of DO NOTS

1. I dont want it somewhere where i cannot see it (my shoulders, back, neck etc)
2. I do not want it in one of the cliche old school spots (mid calf, upper arm)
3. I think any tattoos on a womens chest are incredibly trashy (though i heard this was one of the least painful places)
4. I dont want to get it somewhere that will wear easily and need constant touch ups

Any suggestions out there???
03:52 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
RedpandaLover
dont get a tattoo
04:26 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
St. Paul, MN
Male - 21 Years Old
My dad and I got matching "family" tattoos on the inside of our arms. Basically on the side of my bicep. It's definitely visible, but I can conceal it if I would want to. I love the placement. A silly fun benefit that my old man thought of is that we can kiss it too. Haha. Good luck!
04:28 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Came in to say this.
04:34 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 27 Years Old
My dad and I got matching "family" tattoos on the inside of our arms. Basically on the side of my bicep. It's definitely visible, but I can conceal it if I would want to. I love the placement. A silly fun benefit that my old man thought of is that we can kiss it too. Haha. Good luck!

Yeah, but women are prone to flabby arms haha. If I get it there it may not be legiable in my 50s hahaha, sweet place for a guy though!
04:35 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
pretty dumb thing to say.
04:37 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
pretty dumb thing to say.
Coming to an internet forum for advice on the placement of something that will be on YOUR body forever just seems silly.
04:38 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
Coming to an internet forum for advice on the placement of something that will be on YOUR body forever just seems silly.
i didnt say it wasnt but telling someone not to get a tattoo is pretty silly, its not like you'll change their mind
04:39 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 27 Years Old

Not sure how getting advice from a large group of people is silly, I'm sure ALOT of people on this site have tattoos, and may even be tattoo artists. Its not like im going to put every post in a hat and pick one at random. I wanted some food for thought.
04:40 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
wanielledalsh
https://twitter.com/WanielleDalsh
FL/NC
Female - 24 Years Old
I have one on my hip. I like this spot but it does get rubbed on a lot and will need to be touched up. And I have another on my shoulder. I like this placement because I can see it and I can hide it if I want. Also, I want to maybe get a sleeve one day and this will be easy to build on.
If I were you I would not get it on my foot either. It hurts and it will need touch ups constantly. Also, placement will depend on how big you want to get it.
04:47 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 27 Years Old
I have one on my hip. I like this spot but it does get rubbed on a lot and will need to be touched up. And I have another on my shoulder. I like this placement because I can see it and I can hide it if I want. Also, I want to maybe get a sleeve one day and this will be easy to build on.
If I were you I would not get it on my foot either. It hurts and it will need touch ups constantly. Also, placement will depend on how big you want to get it.

The hip is an awesome spot but I may have more kids and i think it would get all warped and ruined there. I dont want anything huge, Im getting the lyric "No matter what the world you'll always be my baby" (Dreaming Tree by DMB) I want it to be big enough to read but not a HUGE piece of real estate on my body, i LOVE foot tattoos thats what i orignally wanted, but I heard that they need alot of touch ups and im a huge baby. I have alot of friends who got tattoos on a whim and they are in (IMO) trashy spots. (on their chest for a girl, on their neck, on their inner arm, tramp stamp) I know for sure this is what i want I just cant think of a place to get it, i know the places i DONT want it haha.
04:54 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
wanielledalsh
FL/NC
Female - 24 Years Old
Yeah I heard hips will get warped from having kids! But hopefully that won't wreck mine haha. The thing with words is you have to get them big enough, or otherwise they'll blur together and you won't be able to read them. You have a lot of words so I don't think a foot tattoo would even work for this phrase. Maybe on your forearm? That's a nice flat spot that tattooers like to do. Idk if I would get one there though lol
05:04 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 27 Years Old
Yeah I heard hips will get warped from having kids! But hopefully that won't wreck mine haha. The thing with words is you have to get them big enough, or otherwise they'll blur together and you won't be able to read them. You have a lot of words so I don't think a foot tattoo would even work for this phrase. Maybe on your forearm? That's a nice flat spot that tattooers like to do. Idk if I would get one there though lol

haha yeah theres alot of places that would look cool if i was a guy, i think i found a placement i like.

05:15 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
wanielledalsh
FL/NC
Female - 24 Years Old
haha yeah theres alot of places that would look cool if i was a guy, i think i found a placement i like.

I really like that placement!! When are you going to get it?
05:19 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 27 Years Old
I really like that placement!! When are you going to get it?

Hopefully soon, I'm waiting to lose this last 15 or so pounds from my pregnancy. ( i gained 75 pounds!!!) Im thinking of going the weekend of July 27th thats my sons 2nd Bday!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos