AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Release Date News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Ilan Rubin (The New Regime) Announced "Exhibit A"

Posted by - 02:02 PM on 04/09/13
Ilan Rubin (current drummer for Nine Inch Nails and Paramore) will be releasing his third album, Exhibit A, under the moniker The New Regime, on May 7th. More information in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
02:02 PM on 04/09/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Ilan Rubin, musical mastermind behind the one-man outfit, The New Regime, has announced thatExhibit A, will be released worldwide on May 7th, 2013. Exhibit A will be The New Regime's third release,and is the first installment of Rubin's Exhibits series, where he will be releasing new EP's as a series of "Exhibits" over time. Preview Exhibit A here:http://bit.ly/10wmd60. Most recently in the news for rejoining Nine Inch Nails on drums for their upcoming world tour, and drumming on Paramore's Self-Titled album, set to release on April 9th, 2013, Ilan is excited to announce what he personally has been working on for quite some time.

The modern age of music is dictating a new approach to releasing material. Gone are the days of reliance on formal singles and/or albums, and in their place waits a space of creative freedom for artists. Ilan Rubin never fit traditional molds anyway. Despite the energy and enjoyment of playing with artists like Nine Inch Nails, Angels & Airwaves, and Paramore, Rubin felt the urge to do more and was always at work creating his own music, his own sound, his own vision - The New Regime.

Beginning in 2007, he spent every spare moment writing, arranging and performing his own songs. Every instrument, every note of The New Regime is played and/or sung by him. With two albums under his belt - Coup and Speak Through the White Noise - Rubin decided to take a different approach with his most recent crop of creative outpouring.

On the Exhibits series, Rubin explains, "When it came time for a third release, I had enough material for almost two full-lengths. But, unlike my first two albums, these songs weren't written with a definitive vision in mind. I realized that this broader spectrum of ideas was an exciting thing - I could release the music as a series of EPs. I call them 'Exhibits' - a collection that I can and will constantly be adding to."

The first in the series - Exhibit A - is an exploration of dynamics. Its eight songs are a mix of organic sounds and electronics. "With Exhibit A, I wanted to continue to push my songwriting in multiple directions, while keeping songs direct and concise," says Rubin, "I always like to keep music moving in various directions and have the listener guessing for what's next. Sonically, the material on 'Exhibit A' lent itself to both very organic sounds as well as quite a bit of electronics, which I'd say resulted in a pretty unique body of work."

The New Regime will release Exhibit A on May 7th.

For more information, please visit:
www.thenewregime.com
www.facebook.com/TheNewRegime
www.twitter.com/IlanRubin

Tracklisting:
Hope Is Gone
Touch Of Reality
Don't Chase It
Daydream
This Is A New World
Say What You Will
No Traces
Know How It Feels

02:15 PM on 04/09/13
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
This dude's talent is borderline infuriating.
02:28 PM on 04/09/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Did he leave Angels and Airwaves?
02:29 PM on 04/09/13
Elscorcho2008
User Info.
Holy crap this sounds good
02:32 PM on 04/09/13
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
This actually sounds really good. He has a decent voice too. What can't this guy play?
02:40 PM on 04/09/13
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
I'm so excited, sounds like it's gonna be huge.
02:40 PM on 04/09/13
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
Did he leave Angels and Airwaves?
Nope
02:42 PM on 04/09/13
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
watch the youtube vids of him playing with nails. dude hits SO hard.
02:42 PM on 04/09/13
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
Dude's songwriting is improving so fast, I'm excited to hear the full thing.
02:45 PM on 04/09/13
weirderthanu210
Love me
User Info.
He's really good at music
02:56 PM on 04/09/13
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
A new Angels & Airwaves record with him and Tom collaborating/sharing duties would be brilliant.
04:51 PM on 04/09/13
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
A new Angels & Airwaves record with him and Tom collaborating/sharing duties would be brilliant.
I can wait for the next full-fledged AVA record with Ilan. I feel like everything would be amped up, not just the drums.
05:13 PM on 04/09/13
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
watch the youtube vids of him playing with nails. dude hits SO hard.

Seen it live. Ilan is awesome.
07:09 PM on 04/09/13
TAI182
User Info.
This actually sounds really good.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT