07:57 PM on 04/08/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Idea for a re-release cover.
02:29 PM on 04/09/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
Is that bonus track "skank" getting a release?
09:08 AM on 04/10/13
ginandbruce
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album deserved all the praise it has been getting. So far it doesn't top TIAH.. for me but we'll see. The only thing that really bothers me is the production. Despite enrolling Terry Date (a well known producer) it sounds pretty horrendous. It sounds like the distorted guitars, bass, and drums are rolled into one compressed track and it really destroys the impact. A lot iof the effects and clean guitars/vocals sound great but as seen with Emmanuel and Fall of troy before them, Terry Date just doesn't work well with this style IMO (besides Deftones obviously).

I'm glad I saw this, because I was actually going to comment on the production of this album being above TIAH. Granted, I haven't given TIAH a listen in some time, but the production on that album never sat well with me. I thought Sempiternal sounded better, but I may have to go back and listen to Hell now.
09:35 AM on 04/10/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I'm glad I saw this, because I was actually going to comment on the production of this album being above TIAH. Granted, I haven't given TIAH a listen in some time, but the production on that album never sat well with me. I thought Sempiternal sounded better, but I may have to go back and listen to Hell now.

It may be a subjective view, but TIAH sounded much more vast to me and you could easily pick apart the guitar sounds and such. I love Sempiternal (after a few listens) but the metal aspect of the band is very hindered thanks to production.
11:43 AM on 04/10/13
iBayonetwork
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
its hard to describe....something about it just feels like a regression, but i cant pinpoint what it is.
I agree with this. It feels like they are trying to follow the progression that UO and TDWP took, but the material is nowhere near as substantial/authentic/deep as the former two. I too became a fan of BMTH after There is a Hell..., and was excited to see the progression after that, but this album is a bit of a let-down.

I honestly think Oli is the weak point of the band. He has a great presence, charisma, and all those other intangibles of a good frontman, but his lyricism, vocal ability, and songwriting are a bit weak/inconsistent and holding this band back imo.
10:36 PM on 04/10/13
PaperLantern
New Valencia in 2010!
User Info.
He's expressing his beliefs, which he's perfectly entitled to do, seeing as it's his record and all.
There's a difference between expressing your own beliefs and calling out/insulting other people's beliefs.

This album is so good though, especially the first half. I think Empire is my favorite heavy song this year.
10:38 AM on 05/27/13
Ohaidere
User Info.
Been a fan of BMTH since the beginning, I'm proud of them for making the progression they have. They had the courage to try something new and it's paid off for them.
03:19 PM on 08/11/13
kevindadbrewer
Kevin Brewer
User Info.
Surprisingly good release, after the garbage that they had been putting out and myself being put off by Oli Sykes' mannerisms and personality.
05:36 PM on 08/11/13
mena
This whole box is Pepe Silvia!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I still listen to this album quite a bit. Really great stuff.
03:01 PM on 11/07/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Wait why did this get changed to an 8?
03:09 PM on 11/07/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Wait why did this get changed to an 8?
because I reserve the right to do whatever I want with my reviews haha
03:19 PM on 11/07/13