Username
Password
Tegan and Sara News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tegan and Sara
Inside AP.net

Tegan and Sara Talk Same-Sex Marriage

Posted by: Drew Beringer (04/10/13)
You can watch a teaser from an upcoming Fuse News interview with Tegan and Sara, in which they talk about the "overwhelming positive mainstream support" for gay marriage, here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
04:08 PM on 04/10/13
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They're canadian. It hasnt been an issue there for almost 10 years.
04:56 PM on 04/10/13
PengusNiugnep
@PenguinGengar
User Info.
Yeah, but they have a pretty big following in places where it is (like the U.S.), so to be able to use that following certainly couldn't hurt the cause.
05:40 PM on 04/10/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
the video has a Q&A/short article linked:

Quote:
Same-sex marriage increasingly has Americans on its side, with overwhelming support among young people. Although the Quins hail from Canada, where same-sex marriage has been legal since 2005, they both live in the States--meaning they have a stake in, and an opinion on, the two potentially landmark cases currently facing the Supreme Court.

Both have long-time girlfriends. Sara is a New York resident, where gay marriage is legal, but Tegan lives in Los Angeles, where for the moment at least, it's not. That could change, depending on how the court decides the case involving the California's Proposition 8.
05:56 PM on 04/10/13
gameboy_color
Piddo-shitstained-woodpecker
User Info.
I didn't know they live in America. What a bummer.
06:47 PM on 04/10/13
theHECKLER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yes on prop 8
06:53 PM on 04/10/13
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
... is what disgusting individuals who force their own beliefs on others did.
07:35 PM on 04/10/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Yep.
09:52 PM on 04/10/13
theHECKLER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Sounds like what's happening all over the nation
10:17 PM on 04/10/13
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
Sounds like what's happening all over the nation
Uh, what? What are you even referring to? Please explain, rather than drive-by posting without substance.

I assume you're just trolling and you don't actually think it's a good thing to take away a person's rights to get married when it factually doesn't impact a single person negatively.
11:18 PM on 04/10/13
theHECKLER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Uh, what? What are you even referring to? Please explain, rather than drive-by posting without substance.

I assume you're just trolling and you don't actually think it's a good thing to take away a person's rights to get married when it factually doesn't impact a single person negatively.

Drive by posting..? LOL and your post had more substance than mine..? Riiiiiiiiight.

This issue has been in people's faces non-stop And trying to force people into believing what they believe. I don't care what preference someone has but don't bother me about it. And yes, California has spoken. The majority don't want it and it should be left up to the states to decide.
03:11 AM on 04/11/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Drive by posting..? LOL and your post had more substance than mine..? Riiiiiiiiight.

This issue has been in people's faces non-stop And trying to force people into believing what they believe. I don't care what preference someone has but don't bother me about it. And yes, California has spoken. The majority don't want it and it should be left up to the states to decide.

That's kind of the issue. Historically, the majority has imposed it's will on the minority, which 'bothers' us much more than our equal protection under the law would probably 'bother' you.
07:06 AM on 04/11/13
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.

This issue has been in people's faces non-stop And trying to force people into believing what they believe. I don't care what preference someone has but don't bother me about it.

Factually and unarguably incorrect. What I just bolded is ignorant and lacking basic knowledge and logic.

Here's some substance for you: no one is forcing you to believe what they believe. No one is forcing you to think gay marriage is okay. People who are against gay marriage having to deal with the fact that it's legal is not even remotely the same thing as voting to take AWAY their right to get married.

They're not forcing the anti-gay people to do ANYTHING. They don't have to watch them get married, they're not forcing them to get gay married. It LITERALLY impacts their lives in no way. At all. Ever.

Quote:
The majority don't want it and it should be left up to the states to decide.

This isn't drugs or guns or anything of the sort. It's a group of people taking away the right to celebrate their love for each other the same way because they were born differently. That's literally what happened in California. And you support that. You support taking away someone's rights.

Because, guess what? It's factually unconstitutional:

Quote:
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

And you want to tell me it's okay for states to pass laws telling people who they can and can not marry?

Do you realize that it wasn't until 1967 that the Supreme Court ruled to invalidate laws that prohibited white people from marrying black people? You're aware of this, I assume. The fact that there were once state laws that banned interracial marriage?

And you want to tell me it's okay for states to pass laws telling people who they can and can not marry?

Lovely.
08:12 AM on 04/11/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
The rights of the minority should never be subject to the whims of the majority. Fuck off, heckler. I can't believe you haven't been banned yet.
09:07 AM on 04/11/13
theHECKLER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The rights of the minority should never be subject to the whims of the majority. Fuck off, heckler. I can't believe you haven't been banned yet.

LOL
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News