Username
Password
Senses Fail News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Senses Fail
Inside AP.net

AP.net Interview: Senses Fail

Posted by: Drew Beringer (04/11/13)
I had the opportunity to speak with Buddy Nielsen of Senses Fail and we talked about his band's new album, Renacer, and the inspiration behind the album, the mindset while recording it, and what why it's important to be a veteran band helping out younger bands. You can read the entire thing here.
We donít make music to make it anymore; we donít make music to, you know, pay our bills. We do it because we love it and that takes so much pressure off what you have to do. You put a record out there and hope thatÖyou do it for yourself and you can actually do that, because most bands up and coming think that they have to write a record that appeals to this fan and these kids like this and we need to do this. We donít have that hanging over our heads. That was the freedom with this record and I think moving forward, I donít have to rely on this as the only thing in my life. Itís definitely a huge part of my life and important but I donít have to go, ďman if this fails, Iím fucked.Ē And I think when you get back to making music, the original way, the reasons you did it in the beginning, thatís when youíre actually back to making music again. A lot of bands thatíve been around a long time say that but I think most of those bands end up breaking up. Most of those bands never get to move forward with that freedom. Thereís no pressure! If this record fails, Iím fine. Iíll be proud because I know we made a record that means something to me. Thatís, at the end of the day, why you should be making music.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10.
08:13 AM on 04/11/13
RJensen28
User Info.
That makes me so happy that some bands are still legitimate and didn't sell out.
08:14 AM on 04/11/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Cool excerpt. Can't wait to read this.

Edit: also really enjoying Renacer. Awesome fucking album.
08:20 AM on 04/11/13
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
Been looking forward to this interview for a while! Glad it finally got posted! Great read
08:58 AM on 04/11/13
Oskarr
I've Got Time To Kill
User Info.
Good interview. Enjoyed it a lot! Buddy's come a long way.
09:55 AM on 04/11/13
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
this record fucking kills!
01:13 PM on 04/11/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Amazing album, and great interview~!
07:08 PM on 04/11/13
DontCare
Guide Yourself
User Info.
One of the best interviews I've read in a while on here. Great stuff and saying the new album is great is an understatement. Excellent work
10:55 AM on 04/12/13
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Buddy gives great answers to interviews, he really gives a great insight. He is actually inspirational, and the part where he talked about the lyrics and the effect he hopes it has on people was really interesting, as it feels like lyrically they have changed at just the right time for me, personally.

Cannot wait to see them at Slam Dunk South next month.
08:11 AM on 05/05/13
irememberhallow
User Info.
That makes me so happy that some bands are still legitimate and didn't sell out.
Agreed.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums