Username
Password
Exclusive News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 174.
01:07 PM on 04/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
there's no fucking criteria for what bands should do a ten year tour other than it being a 10 year anniversary for an album. their fans will show up, thats enough to warrant it. stop being so fucking dense.
Exactly, I hoped this guy would get torn to shreads for saying something so dense. I mean, say if Hopesfall were to a 10 year for "Satellite Years" or "A-Types", I'd go in a heartbeat, and they were never a hugely successful band in terms of album sales.
01:08 PM on 04/17/13
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
Their "reunion tour" is playing in 200 and 300 cap venues at most. It would be pathetic if they didn't sell out these venues. So, no, it's not moot, regardless
I have to disagree.

There are a lot of people that will appreciate the band for doing this.

I've been to the last reunion show of theirs and the response was insane. I do think that the label didn't do as much for this band. They kinda got overshadowed by tbs and other victory bands.
01:08 PM on 04/17/13
bigmike
...is "big" and "mike"
User Info.
This is one band and one album that didn't really need to have a reunion and 10 year tour respectively. No offense to fans of the band, but they weren't exactly extremely noteworthy while they were around.
COOL KID ALERT.

Magic Stick in Detroit is 550 cap venue. You're a fucking dunce.
01:09 PM on 04/17/13
Junction183
User Info.
Boston Loves Spitalfield, Where's The Love Back?
01:09 PM on 04/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
And I love how the band that "weren't extremely noteworthy" are the third most popular thread today.
01:10 PM on 04/17/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
HIPV, Spitalfield...come on, we need The Graduate back.
With Corey's wife about to give birth ... don't think that's happening for a long while, if ever.
01:10 PM on 04/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Boston Loves Spitalfield, Where's The Love Back?
I could see them doing a Finch type thing and adding more if the tour goes well.
01:11 PM on 04/17/13
xmtdiablow
User Info.
The Early November played Firebird in St. Louis on the In Currents tour and it was packed
01:11 PM on 04/17/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
I went to the free show they played a couple months ago in NYC. May go to this if I have nothing better to do, I like that one song they played on Victory Tv back in the day.
How was the free show? I had tickets but got sick at the last minute.
01:16 PM on 04/17/13
saveyourshows
Brian Buckley
User Info.
Their "reunion tour" is playing in 200 and 300 cap venues at most. It would be pathetic if they didn't sell out these venues. So, no, it's not moot, regardless
More than half of these venues are 400+ Cap btw.
01:17 PM on 04/17/13
PenThrive
COFFEE & TATTOOS
User Info.
Baltimore!
01:17 PM on 04/17/13
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
User Info.
I might go to this, they had their success before I got into this "scene" and I actually found out about them because they played Five Days and Counting on Q101 before they went off the air, but I did go listen to them after that and was impressed, so hopefully I can get tickets and go to this to see them once in my lifetime.
01:25 PM on 04/17/13
dlowder
User Info.
This is one band and one album that didn't really need to have a reunion and 10 year tour respectively. No offense to fans of the band, but they weren't exactly extremely noteworthy while they were around.
This is Dan from the band here. While I appreciate your candor and informed opinion on the matter, I can assure you that I personally could give less than zero fucks about playing to sold out rooms of any size, shape, or color. I don't speak for anyone else in the band, but I'm sure they feel the exact same way about it.

I never got a last show. I just quit after playing in Des Moines, Iowa. It wasn't how I wanted to go out, but it's how it went down. Now, I'm older, I've been away from the music industry long enough to not hate the idea of music, and I want to pick up my guitar and play again.

I'm excited as hell for this opportunity. I'm 32, I'm trying to have a family here soon, I'm going to (finally) have a college degree in short order, so this is my last chance to get in my last shows. Please don't poop on my parade.

Also, I totally agree that we weren't noteworthy when we were around before. I never felt that way about us, and maybe that's why I couldn't be in a touring band for my whole life. I never sought out to try and have a pile of money to roll around in, or glean fame. I always wanted to make something special for me. If other people liked it enough to show up ten years after the fact, that's fantastic, and I'm really quite happy that I can give them something to look forward to and/or possibly enjoy. It's not about trying to show the world that we were noteworthy. I just want to play a damn show again.

E-mail me and I'll put you on the guest list.
01:27 PM on 04/17/13
Markalfield
User Info.
I am grinning ear to ear right now. Thanks, guys. =)
01:31 PM on 04/17/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
This is Dan from the band here. While I appreciate your candor and informed opinion on the matter, I can assure you that I personally could give less than zero fucks about playing to sold out rooms of any size, shape, or color. I don't speak for anyone else in the band, but I'm sure they feel the exact same way about it.

I never got a last show. I just quit after playing in Des Moines, Iowa. It wasn't how I wanted to go out, but it's how it went down. Now, I'm older, I've been away from the music industry long enough to not hate the idea of music, and I want to pick up my guitar and play again.

I'm excited as hell for this opportunity. I'm 32, I'm trying to have a family here soon, I'm going to (finally) have a college degree in short order, so this is my last chance to get in my last shows. Please don't poop on my parade.

Also, I totally agree that we weren't noteworthy when we were around before. I never felt that way about us, and maybe that's why I couldn't be in a touring band for my whole life. It's not about trying to show the world that we were noteworthy. Personally, I just want to play a damn show again. E-mail me and I'll put you on the guest list.

If you're serious about the guestlist thing I'm in. Ill PM you. I'm sorry if I offended you with my comments, I've just been wary of all these 10 year and reunion tours because I feel like with te recent rash of them, not all the bands are in it for the right reasons. I'm glad to see that at least from this pos an the initial statement that you guys are. Good luck with these last shows.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests