Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 37
03:51 PM on 04/17/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
the boat show is a great time. idk how sensitive you are, but i am kinda sensitive to it and it didn't bother me last time i went.
Unfortunately my motion sickness is very sensitive. Even sitting the back seat of a car makes me feel nauseous.
04:05 PM on 04/17/13
absolution
User Info.
With the crowd moving that much, you can hardly tell if the boat is rocking.
Though it was a bit of chaos when the dude kicked out the light bulb. Seeing the Weakerthans on the boat was a much calmer experience.
04:13 PM on 04/17/13
boomer08
User Info.
Stoked for a new full-length, the EPs were outstanding! There was a time that I thought LTJ might never make another proper album. This is great news!
04:16 PM on 04/17/13
Christopher N
User Info.
This is rad as fuck but weren't Less Than Jake very vocal about the fact that a band at their level (and age) is better off releasing new music on their own?

When GNV FLA came out, almost every interview they did was about the current state of the music industry, in 2008, and why they decided to release the album on Sleep It Off. They even name drop Fat Wreck as one of the labels they considered releasing the album on.

I wonder what brought around the change of mind. This seems like a complete 360 of their thought process a few years ago.
04:29 PM on 04/17/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Unfortunately my motion sickness is very sensitive. Even sitting the back seat of a car makes me feel nauseous.
shucks
04:43 PM on 04/17/13
absolution
User Info.
This is rad as fuck but weren't Less Than Jake very vocal about the fact that a band at their level (and age) is better off releasing new music on their own?

When GNV FLA came out, almost every interview they did was about the current state of the music industry, in 2008, and why they decided to release the album on Sleep It Off. They even name drop Fat Wreck as one of the labels they considered releasing the album on.

I wonder what brought around the change of mind. This seems like a complete 360 of their thought process a few years ago.
I think Vinnie and crew all have enough other things going on (Paper + Plastick, families) that it makes sense to have someone else take care of the marketing and tour promotion at this stage of their career. The incremental cost (as they don't have an advance to repay) with guaranteed distro probably makes sense.
Just a guess, though!
04:54 PM on 04/17/13
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Best news of the day! Very excited to have one of my very favorite bands back with my favorite label.
05:04 PM on 04/17/13
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
I wish I didn't get sea sick, becuase LTJ and HC would be awesome.
Well, at least you won't miss Make Do and Mend/Cheap Girls then, huh?
05:10 PM on 04/17/13
Christopher N
User Info.
I think Vinnie and crew all have enough other things going on (Paper + Plastick, families) that it makes sense to have someone else take care of the marketing and tour promotion at this stage of their career. The incremental cost (as they don't have an advance to repay) with guaranteed distro probably makes sense.
Just a guess, though!
That's also what I was thinking and is probably most likely the case. I'm sure Fat Wreck is letting them do whatever the hell they want anyway as far as the new album goes. (songs, artwork, pressings, ect)
05:25 PM on 04/17/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
Posting to say that Borders and Boundaries was vastly underrated
06:56 PM on 04/17/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Wow, great for both parties. First significant signing for FAT in a while
07:09 PM on 04/17/13
jonskinny12
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is the old dude, Howard J Reynolds...
And you're listening to Less Than Jake.

Hope I'm just the only one to take the time to complete that, not the only one who got it.
08:16 PM on 04/17/13
hiya
User Info.
what a great tour, wish it was at 89 North instead of Emporium though. 6 foot high stages aren't fun.
08:59 PM on 04/17/13
BigG1392
I have a crippling fear of heights
User Info.
Atlanta. stoked. haven't seen LTJ since they last played on Warped
09:18 PM on 04/17/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Well, at least you won't miss Make Do and Mend/Cheap Girls then, huh?
Ha - way to find the positive side!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version