Username
Password

Comments: Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 174
06:40 PM on 04/17/13
rjmoz87
The Total Package
User Info.
I remember seeing them in a basement of a church with The Forecast and The Graduate back in 2007. Glad to see them back together.
06:43 PM on 04/17/13
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
For sure hitting up the Cleveland date! I know I first got into these guys at a concert in Cleveland, but can't remember which one. After seeing them, though I bought their albums and now I am just stoked for one more Cleveland show. Really happy for the band and this announcement. Also stoked to see Shane Henderson live again. I miss him belting out Valencia songs.
06:43 PM on 04/17/13
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
Thought they'd hit Milwaukee for sure, Chicago it is!
07:01 PM on 04/17/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Can't the fact that they WANT to play be good enough?? And just because they weren't a major influence to you (or myself for that matter), doesent mean for one second that they didn't influence many people or they weren't significant to many people...just don't go to the show lol I don't think they asked you to...
Well actually to that last part they kinda did. Lol. Of course after the fact, but I thought your wording was funny
07:07 PM on 04/17/13
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
How was the free show? I had tickets but got sick at the last minute.
It was fun. I almost didn't go, but I'm glad I did. people were really into it.
07:50 PM on 04/17/13
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is Dan from the band here. While I appreciate your candor and informed opinion on the matter, I can assure you that I personally could give less than zero fucks about playing to sold out rooms of any size, shape, or color. I don't speak for anyone else in the band, but I'm sure they feel the exact same way about it.

I never got a last show. I just quit after playing in Des Moines, Iowa. It wasn't how I wanted to go out, but it's how it went down. Now, I'm older, I've been away from the music industry long enough to not hate the idea of music, and I want to pick up my guitar and play again.

I'm excited as hell for this opportunity. I'm 32, I'm trying to have a family here soon, I'm going to (finally) have a college degree in short order, so this is my last chance to get in my last shows. Please don't poop on my parade.

Also, I totally agree that we weren't noteworthy when we were around before. I never felt that way about us, and maybe that's why I couldn't be in a touring band for my whole life. I never sought out to try and have a pile of money to roll around in, or glean fame. I always wanted to make something special for me. If other people liked it enough to show up ten years after the fact, that's fantastic, and I'm really quite happy that I can give them something to look forward to and/or possibly enjoy. It's not about trying to show the world that we were noteworthy. I just want to play a damn show again.

E-mail me and I'll put you on the guest list.

You guys were one of my favorite bands and I was more than happy to be at shows in Columbia SC any time you were in town not to mention I bought every CD and hell, I even bought a damn t-shirt. And you guys were nice enough to stick around after the shows to say hi. So thanks for everything and good luck with everything!
08:44 PM on 04/17/13
asterndale
User Info.
i would pay a ridiculous amount of money to see them live, and especially playing what might be my all time favorite album.....please come somewhere near southern california!!! preferably san diego :)
08:46 PM on 04/17/13
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Holy fuck, I am SO bummed this isn't coming to the west coast. This is one of my favorite early 00's emo albums.
08:46 PM on 04/17/13
agloriousruin
salt & light in a world of darkness
User Info.
A drive to Baltimore is in my very near future. Beyond excited for this. Thanks for this, guys!
09:21 PM on 04/17/13
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
This is one band and one album that didn't really need to have a reunion and 10 year tour respectively. No offense to fans of the band, but they weren't exactly extremely noteworthy while they were around.
people like you are what's wrong with this world. you just pop in to say something that is shit and then carry on your life, dating your ugly girlfriend and being the last person your friends call to invite to a party
09:44 PM on 04/17/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Testing.
09:50 PM on 04/17/13
ben mears
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Spitalfield, Terminal, Matchbook Romance, Armor For Sleep, Starting Line, Relient K,
you basically summed up my college music experience.
10:09 PM on 04/17/13
theESCO
Too old for this..
User Info.
The soundtrack to the summer after my graduation. Definitely trying to make it down for the the New York show. Kind of beyond thrilled about this.
10:15 PM on 04/17/13
xjdizzle
User Info.
This is one band and one album that didn't really need to have a reunion and 10 year tour respectively. No offense to fans of the band, but they weren't exactly extremely noteworthy while they were around.
They may not have been noteworthy to you but they are to other people. What.. smaller artists can't comeback to what they love doing?
10:24 PM on 04/17/13
xjdizzle
User Info.
This is Dan from the band here. While I appreciate your candor and informed opinion on the matter, I can assure you that I personally could give less than zero fucks about playing to sold out rooms of any size, shape, or color. I don't speak for anyone else in the band, but I'm sure they feel the exact same way about it.

I never got a last show. I just quit after playing in Des Moines, Iowa. It wasn't how I wanted to go out, but it's how it went down. Now, I'm older, I've been away from the music industry long enough to not hate the idea of music, and I want to pick up my guitar and play again.

I'm excited as hell for this opportunity. I'm 32, I'm trying to have a family here soon, I'm going to (finally) have a college degree in short order, so this is my last chance to get in my last shows. Please don't poop on my parade.

Also, I totally agree that we weren't noteworthy when we were around before. I never felt that way about us, and maybe that's why I couldn't be in a touring band for my whole life. I never sought out to try and have a pile of money to roll around in, or glean fame. I always wanted to make something special for me. If other people liked it enough to show up ten years after the fact, that's fantastic, and I'm really quite happy that I can give them something to look forward to and/or possibly enjoy. It's not about trying to show the world that we were noteworthy. I just want to play a damn show again.

E-mail me and I'll put you on the guest list.
You guys were one of my favorite bands and I was more than happy to be at shows in Columbia SC any time you were in town not to mention I bought every CD and hell, I even bought a damn t-shirt. And you guys were nice enough to stick around after the shows to say hi. So thanks for everything and good luck with everything![/quote]
Hey man don't worry about what dumb-asses say online. I'm glad you guys were not some sell-out band like Fall out Boy that does not give a rat about their fans because they decide they want to fit in with the TOP 40. You guys are one of my favorite bands and seeing you guys all the time in Chicago with The Audition,June, The Junior Varsity was the shit.
I will be at the Bottom Lounge.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version