Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

The Countdown: Top 5 Most Anticipated RSD Releases

Posted by: Drew Beringer (04/19/13)
In a special (belated) The Countdown article today, I'll be ranking my five most anticipated releases for tomorrow's Record Store Day. For vinyl collectors like myself, Record Store Day is our holiday - a day where limited and rare records we thought we might never own can finally be ours. It's also a great day to get foot traffic into your local stores, which is the hook of RSD. It's a fun day to spend with fellow collectors and joining in 'the hunt' for that rare piece. In the replies you'll find my five most anticipated releases. You can see what is all releasing tomorrow here. Also, make sure to include the releases you're excited for tomorrow in the replies as well.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 51
01:08 PM on 04/19/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
5) Tegan and Sara - Closer: Remixed
NoteDuh, of course I'm going to pick this up. Containing 10 remixes of one of the year's catchiest singles, it's a must-own for any Tegan and Sara (or dance) fan. It features contributions from Morgan Page, Until The Ribbon Breaks, Yeasayer, Chris Walla, and more. It's a pretty big pressing too, as it's out of 3600.

4) Botch - American Nervoso
NoteOne of the most important metal bands of our time, Hydrahead is giving Botch's classic American Nervoso the re-press treatment on a variety of variants. If you've never heard of this band before, you might want to pick this up. If you have heard of this band before, you're definitely picking this up. With a pressing out of 3000 in the U.S., you shouldn't have a hard time finding this, although some of the rarer variants are exclusive to only a few regions.

3) Their / They're / There - Their / They're / There
NoteT/T/T brings Evan Weiss (Into It. Over it.), Mike Kinsella (Owen, Owls, Cap'n Jazz, American Football), and Matthew Frank (Loose Lips Sink Ships) together in one of the most anticipated releases of the year. This 6-song EP was recorded by Mark Michalik in Chicago. Pressed out of 800, get to your store early to ensure you get this.

2) Touché Amoré / Title Fight - Split 7"
NoteIt's a pretty simple concept: Title Fight and Touché Amoré cover each other's songs, with TF covering TA's "Faceghost" and TA covering TF's "Crescent-Shaped Depression." Each song will feature the band's unique take on each track. One of the most thrilling releases to be available tomorrow. There will be a RSD-exclusive variant out of 975, but two more variants will be available later in the year.

1) At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command
NoteCome on, you knew this was going to be number one, as this was circled on many fans' list when this was initially announced months ago. The classic, scene-defining album is available for the first time on vinyl since its original press over a decade ago. It also features a few bonus songs exclusive to Record Store Day. Thankfully, this is out of a pressing of 4000, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.
01:11 PM on 04/19/13
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
I had heard August and Everything After was getting a RSD pressing... But that must have been false information. :( hopefully a copy of Clumsy by Samiam will end up going home with me.
01:19 PM on 04/19/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
5) Tegan and Sara - Closer: Remixed
NoteDuh, of course I'm going to pick this up. Containing 10 remixes of one of the year's catchiest singles, it's a must-own for any Tegan and Sara (or dance) fan. It features contributions from Morgan Page, Until The Ribbon Breaks, Yeasayer, Chris Walla, and more. It's a pretty big pressing too, as it's out of 3600.

4) Botch - American Nervoso
NoteOne of the most important metal bands of our time, Hydrahead is giving Botch's classic American Nervoso the re-press treatment on a variety of variants. If you've never heard of this band before, you might want to pick this up. If you have heard of this band before, you're definitely picking this up. With a pressing out of 3000 in the U.S., you shouldn't have a hard time finding this, although some of the rarer variants are exclusive to only a few regions.

3) Their / They're / There - Their / They're / There
NoteT/T/T brings Evan Weiss (Into It. Over it.), Mike Kinsella (Owen, Owls, Cap'n Jazz, American Football), and Matthew Frank (Loose Lips Sink Ships) together in one of the most anticipated releases of the year. This 6-song EP was recorded by Mark Michalik in Chicago. Pressed out of 800, get to your store early to ensure you get this.

2) Touché Amoré / Title Fight - Split 7"
NoteIt's a pretty simple concept: Title Fight and Touché Amoré cover each other's songs, with TF covering TA's "Faceghost" and TA covering TF's "Crescent-Shaped Depression." Each song will feature the band's unique take on each track. One of the most thrilling releases to be available tomorrow. There will be a RSD-exclusive variant out of 975, but two more variants will be available later in the year.

1) At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command
NoteCome on, you knew this was going to be number one, as this was circled on many fans' list when this was initially announced months ago. The classic, scene-defining album is available for the first time on vinyl since its original press over a decade ago. It also features a few bonus songs exclusive to Record Store Day. Thankfully, this is out of a pressing of 4000, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Only things I'd add is Damage by JEW since it includes another preview of the new album plus a Radiohead cover which oughta be interesting and Trapped in the closet because I bet it is awesome.
01:25 PM on 04/19/13
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
If I were a vinyl collector I'd be a lot more excited. I'll be fishing for the Imagine Dragons and Gaslight CD's and the MGMT cassette. And maybe if I get my hands on something like the T/T/T 7-inch or something I might grab it just because.
01:29 PM on 04/19/13
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
Who's selling the Touch Amore/Title Fight split? That's the main thing I want to pick up.

there's also an RSD exclusive of tv show theme songs with Star Trek that I would love to grab.

Also for some self promotion, I have a thread in the music forum to discuss stuff!
01:32 PM on 04/19/13
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Excited for ATD-I, the Touché Amoré/Title Fight split, the FFAF's Casually Dressed And Deep In Conversation double LP and for the Silverstein/August Burns Red split. I'm hopin' I'll get the chance to purchase at least one of these here where I live.
01:33 PM on 04/19/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
Wishing I had the funds for Owens seaside ep and maybe that KSE 7" . Too late for both of those ventures though I imagine
01:49 PM on 04/19/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Bummed my local store doesn't have Trapped in the Closet
01:54 PM on 04/19/13
Shanejoseph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My brother works at a local record store so I can just give him my list. Pretty cool. He always gets a ton of stuff. Gonna grab cave in.
01:59 PM on 04/19/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
I'm looking forward to the ABR/Silverstein split.
02:00 PM on 04/19/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Moon Duo "Circles" remixes
Sacred Bones comp
02:02 PM on 04/19/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I plan on snagging ATDI, Now now, and Sombear!
02:04 PM on 04/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Linkin. Park.
02:05 PM on 04/19/13
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
coheed and prize fighter, TTT, and ta/tf split are my anticipations. hoping i can find at least one of those here in birmingham.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests