Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 63
02:27 PM on 04/16/13
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
Album is a lot better than both of those. Maybe you should listen first and it will "make sense."

Not to mention it's different reviewers.
Made me laugh. No way this is better than those. Though this album is enjoyable for what it is.
02:31 PM on 04/16/13
vivatoto56
Your wick won't burn away
User Info.
Made me laugh. No way this is better than those. Though this album is enjoyable for what it is.

Yes it is.
03:06 PM on 04/16/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I don't know why I even read Joe's reviews; everything with "summer" in the band name gets an automatic 90%

I'll listen to this album (I liked a few songs from their last one) but I doubt I'll be into this album as a whole. Have you guys heard The Way I Fell In by the morning of? Now that's a deserved 90% pop album. Even the new Lydia might be in the 80% range.

I'm listening to the new Paramore right now, and by goodness it is terrible. AP gave it an 80% when it's a 34% at the most. I'm expecting this to be all right, but I'm doubting I'm going to award 9 out of 10 to an album that, even from Joe's review, seems insipid and unfocused.

Oh, but hey Joe! Enjoy your 21st man! I just had mine. Exp tip: take advantage of all the free drinks first, and then wind down with the fruity stuff. You'll kick yourself later if you don't
opinions man. I think the new Paramore is way better than The Way I Fell In or anything Lydia have done post-Illuminate. You don't, that's cool.
04:38 PM on 04/16/13
Harbour
User Info.
This is a very well-written review. Great job! I need to find time and listen to this album in full, but the songs I heard were pure catchy pop songs, which I'm viewing as a good thing. This band was never really meant to be pop-rock or whatever. They're just really good with catchy hooks and melodies.
07:06 PM on 04/16/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I like this album. I don't think it's a 90, but there are some really solid pop songs on here.
07:18 PM on 04/16/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
I like this album. I don't think it's a 90, but there are some really solid pop songs on here.
Better or worse than Everything's Fine for you?
07:35 PM on 04/16/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Better or worse than Everything's Fine for you?
Probably about even footing for me, if not a little better. I really loved a few tracks off Everything's Fine (namely the first three, especially "When We Were Young"), but a lot of it didn't keep me coming back. This one feels a bit more consistent, though.
08:16 PM on 04/16/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
These guys have yet to make a good album and that's unlikely to change.
09:03 PM on 04/16/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
Probably about even footing for me, if not a little better. I really loved a few tracks off Everything's Fine (namely the first three, especially "When We Were Young"), but a lot of it didn't keep me coming back. This one feels a bit more consistent, though.
This one kinda feels like a regression to me because I loved Everything's Fine - I agree with you about the first three tracks on that record.
04:51 AM on 04/17/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
The intro/spoken word part in the first track is so cheesy and overdone.
04:59 AM on 04/17/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
So I listened to this and...

It sounds like an extremely poor pre-teen girl's Justin Bieber and One Direction.
01:29 PM on 04/17/13
ale5875
traduzionedicanzoni.it
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It is catchy but man, these lyrics are so exceedingly embarrassing.
11:26 PM on 04/21/13
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
opinions man. I think the new Paramore is way better than The Way I Fell In or anything Lydia have done post-Illuminate. You don't, that's cool.
yeah, definitely opinions. no arguments there
12:42 AM on 05/08/13
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
And what type of music is that? Punk? I'm getting so tired of the attitude some people have towards/against music on this site. And i'm getting even more tired of seeing music and music opinions trapped in these genres, boundaries, "scenes". Music is music! Some of it you like, some of it you love - some of it you hate. You can't control which types of music makes you feel something, you cant't decide what music to like. That's just stupid thinking. If something clicks - no matter what genre of music - great! Enjoy it! Savor it. Feel it in your heart. Don't let the notion of "wrong genre" stop you from enjoying something.

I love the fact that ap.net covers all kinds of music. I listen to everything from Yellowcard to Killswitch to John Mayer to Japandroids to Brand New to Frank Turner, and I'm pretty shure ap.net has turned me on to 95% of the artists I listen to. I absolutely love The 1975 these days, they're my new favourite band, and they're definitely not punk. So I'm glad AP.net writes about all kinds of music.

I listened to Legendary while walking the dog today, and to me it sounds like glossy pop, with great melodies. And hey, if it makes me want to dance a little (i don't dance) and sing along, why not enjoy it for what it is? "Oh no, it's not poppunk anymore, I can't listen to this!" Who cares? No one's going to get shot for listening to the "wrong" music. (At least not in the free world)
I'm getting tired of comments like yours. This site is not meant to cover people like Kanye West and lady gaga who are already overexposed. I wish I used this site in the early 2000s.
12:43 AM on 05/08/13
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
Nothing but blink and MXPX?
Don't be a fucking smartass with me

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles