Username
Password

11:31 AM on 04/21/13 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
That would be lovely! I'd like to hear some newer bands take 'em on as well (Mixtapes, Masked Intruder, Teenage Bottlerocket, We Are the Union, I Am the Avalanche, and so on and so forth.)

totally. gonna be a great pretty comp!

someone in the news posts mentioned how cool it'd be to have propagandhi contribute something. though that's probably highly unlikely, i agree!
03:53 PM on 04/21/13 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
totally. gonna be a great pretty comp!

someone in the news posts mentioned how cool it'd be to have propagandhi contribute something. though that's probably highly unlikely, i agree!

Hah! Yeah. I don't really see that happening, haha. I do have a weird thing like this (and I wish I didn't) where it's like, "Well I hope Rise Against does something different because 'For Fiona' was already released on another comp."

I'm curious to see what kind of like, different takes bands have on the Tony Sly solo songs--and what kind of "newer bands" pop-up on the track list. IATA would be rad, and the Swellers, or maybe someone like Yellowcard who toured with them way back when.
02:37 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
we're pieces on the board
Maryland
Male
Pittsburgh show in June was postponed to September. Ah.
02:45 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
Keele
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Hah! Yeah. I don't really see that happening, haha. I do have a weird thing like this (and I wish I didn't) where it's like, "Well I hope Rise Against does something different because 'For Fiona' was already released on another comp."

I'm curious to see what kind of like, different takes bands have on the Tony Sly solo songs--and what kind of "newer bands" pop-up on the track list. IATA would be rad, and the Swellers, or maybe someone like Yellowcard who toured with them way back when.

Think Yellowcard covered Chasing Rainbows live. They might have Rise Against's For Fiona version on there because even though its one comp, it couldn't be more fitting than on a tribute to Tony.

Really excited that the Gaslight Anthem and Frank Turner are on this. No Use music doesn't quite match Gaslights sound, but they always do fantastic covers that is reminiscent of the original.
03:29 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
Pittsburgh show in June was postponed to September. Ah.

wtf?
03:34 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
we're pieces on the board
Maryland
Male
No idea. Don't see it anywhere but in an email.
08:30 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
ruptured
Female
I saw it on twitter and Facebook, I believe and there are two shows again, September 12th and 13th. So bummed to have to wait so long.
05:44 PM on 04/23/13 
User Info.
barkjon
belle and me
Seattle, WA
Male - 17 Years Old
somebody wanna be awesome and rec me some bands like TGA, The Menzingers, Hot Water Music, Frank Turner, The Bouncing Souls, Against Me!, The Replacements?

really digging this punk with a bit of folk scene.
06:49 PM on 04/23/13 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old
somebody wanna be awesome and rec me some bands like TGA, The Menzingers, Hot Water Music, Frank Turner, The Bouncing Souls, Against Me!, The Replacements?

really digging this punk with a bit of folk scene.

The Loved Ones and The Lawrence Arms for starters.

Fake Problems is folksy beach punk but most people I know who like all those bands love them too.

Lucero is folksy alt-country punk but almost everyone I know who likes those bands love them too.

Japandroids is folksy garage rock with a bit of punk but most people I know who like those bands like them too.

The Front Bottoms are more folk emo than folk punk but most people I know who like those bands like them too

Other good smaller bands that play the same kind of music: Banner Pilot, Elway, Banquets, Blacklist Royals, Broadway Calls

(Also a good tip is to see whoever goes on the revival tour with chuck Ragan and then listen to their band's music)
07:06 PM on 04/23/13 
User Info.
barkjon
belle and me
Seattle, WA
Male - 17 Years Old
okay, thanks bro! will check out this stuff.
05:05 PM on 04/27/13 
User Info.
Collin182
Live in Daydreams. I Choose Fiction
Austin, Texas
Male
Best part of the show last night was Brain singing Nelly
06:13 PM on 04/27/13 
User Info.
Hamburglar
Jeff
Houston, TX
Male
Best part of the show last night was Brain singing Nelly

Haha, I saw him tweet something yesterday about "Ride With Me" by Nelly. Did he just bust into it or what?
06:21 PM on 04/27/13 
User Info.
Collin182
Live in Daydreams. I Choose Fiction
Austin, Texas
Male
Haha, I saw him tweet something yesterday about "Ride With Me" by Nelly. Did he just bust into it or what?
The show was in Austin so he was talking about how he gives Austin a shout out in "The Backseat" but some people miss hear the lyric, which led to him talking about misheard lyrics in general and he started singing the "Smoke a L in the back of the Benz-y"part of the Nelly song.He got the whole crowd to sing it a couple times then at the beginning of Blue Dahlia he yelled "Must be the money!"

It was pretty entertaining.
06:59 PM on 04/27/13 
User Info.
Hamburglar
Jeff
Houston, TX
Male
The show was in Austin so he was talking about how he gives Austin a shout out in "The Backseat" but some people miss hear the lyric, which led to him talking about misheard lyrics in general and he started singing the "Smoke a L in the back of the Benz-y"part of the Nelly song.He got the whole crowd to sing it a couple times then at the beginning of Blue Dahlia he yelled "Must be the money!"

It was pretty entertaining.

Man I was supposed to be at that show, but I had to go to Houston for a job interview....Rough. Sounds like it was a great time.
08:20 PM on 04/27/13 
User Info.
barkjon
belle and me
Seattle, WA
Male - 17 Years Old
haha, Brian's a pretty awesome guy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music