Alkaline Trio News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 24 of 24.
07:07 PM on 04/13/13
thenewline
memories from ashes
User Info.
JUST. RE-RELEASE. CRIMSON

Yes!

Also someone needs to get working on JEW Futures rerelease on colored marble.
02:42 AM on 04/14/13
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
I kind of just want the less limited copy just because it's heavier.
04:54 AM on 04/14/13
perfectstranger
Long live ennui on me
User Info.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm In My Stomach
10:04 AM on 04/14/13
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
This album, upon a revisit, is not as bad as I remember it.
07:41 AM on 04/15/13
dustyfloors
Baskiceball Champion
User Info.
Snagging a red. Don't know why. I have the original 180 gram but I'm a sucker for any Alk3 vinyl.

Off topic I have every color of the Goddammit Asian Man 10 year re-release if anyone is interested in those. I'm trying to move them.
10:33 AM on 04/15/13
Wutz
Don't Worry, I'm A Pilot
User Info.
This album, upon a revisit, is not as bad as I remember it.
100% true.

I thought "A&I" was damn good when it came out. A lot of people had their negative opinions but the songs are well-written and performed. The last three songs on the record are soooo damn good together. "I Found Away" has a perfect chorus. "Do You Wanna Know" sounds like it could have been a standout track on Dan's super excellent "Hurricane Season."

I didn't get the hate.

I think a lot of people wanted it to make them feel how they felt when "...Infirmary" came out. It's not necessarily the music's failure if you can't feel that exact same way again.

I know that, if the best record I'd ever hear in my entire life came out tomorrow, it wouldn't make me feel like I felt the first time I heard "Deep South" by The Promise Ring. That doesn't mean the record is bad. It just means that record can't take me back to 10th grade building a ramp with a buddy of mine.

I think people forget music is a two-way street. It's not only the songs speaking to you, it's also how you interpret what you hear.
12:34 PM on 04/16/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Oh no I definitely downloaded the record but I just want that damn board box set haha. Love the record btw.

Hah nice, I'm loving it too. Actually think I'm gonna spring for a Japanese import that I found on eBay that has the bonus tracks on the disc lol.
08:48 AM on 04/23/13
Suziqzikern
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
100% true.

I thought "A&I" was damn good when it came out. A lot of people had their negative opinions but the songs are well-written and performed. The last three songs on the record are soooo damn good together. "I Found Away" has a perfect chorus. "Do You Wanna Know" sounds like it could have been a standout track on Dan's super excellent "Hurricane Season."

I didn't get the hate.

I think a lot of people wanted it to make them feel how they felt when "...Infirmary" came out. It's not necessarily the music's failure if you can't feel that exact same way again.

I know that, if the best record I'd ever hear in my entire life came out tomorrow, it wouldn't make me feel like I felt the first time I heard "Deep South" by The Promise Ring. That doesn't mean the record is bad. It just means that record can't take me back to 10th grade building a ramp with a buddy of mine.

I think people forget music is a two-way street. It's not only the songs speaking to you, it's also how you interpret what you hear.
Really well-said.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums