AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Skate and Surf Fest News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Contest: Skate + Surf Ticket Giveaway

Posted by - 01:45 PM on 04/23/13
The return of the Skate and Surf Festival is creeping up on us, so we decided to give away a pair of tickets to the jamboree in New Jersey on May 18th and 19th. To win this pair, tell me which band you're excited to see and why you're stoked this fest is back in our lives. Are you excited for Fall Out Boy? What about Saves The Day and Glassjaw? Tell me in the replies and I'll pick my favorite answer tomorrow. Good luck!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 78
01:52 PM on 04/23/13
asmxone
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'd definitely love to see Glassjaw. It's great to see a band get back at playing at such a large festival. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence, Worship and Tribue, and Our Color Green. I love all of it. It'd be amazing to go to see them live.
01:53 PM on 04/23/13
anitakav
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I can't decide who I'm most excited to see--it's a tie between Glassjaw, Of Mice and Men, A Day to Remember, and Issues. Then again, I love macklemore and timeflies! I think it's a great festival because it has a mix of several different genres and great bands so many people can enjoy it. I'm also excited to check out new bands and maybe find a few new favorites!
aolsux
phase reverse
User Info.
Excited to see Ice Nine Kills is on the Sunday ticket. I know Jason Tate loves this band as much as they love him.
ACA
Next Show: Balance&Composure 12/27
User Info.
01:55 PM on 04/23/13
jrtbighurt
[SOMEONEcallANambulance]
User Info.
I'm excited for all these "special reunions" that have yet to be announced....
01:58 PM on 04/23/13
IanRobinson
User Info.
Jeez, I don't know where to start. I'll start with some of the more obvious ones. I've been a big fan of Fall out Boy since, well since Fall out Boy. Saturday was the first track I heard by them and it was great at the time (considering I was really young). When "From Under the Cork Tree" came out I listened to it in its entirety at least once a day, same goes for Infinity on High. When I heard Fall out Boy was getting back together and they were touring, I got up early to try to get a ticket but only to find that tickets were sold out within minutes. The new album is incredible and I'd absolutely love to see them perform live at least once in my life (before they break up again).
Next, a chance to see Transit would be stellar. Listen & Forgive was one of my most played albums last summer, and was the first album I ever listened to on Spotify (God bless you Spotify). Seeing Transit live would be an event I'd love to be able to say I experienced. Amazing lyrics matched with amazing vocals and talented instrumentals is the perfect combination for a band, live or studio.
Other bands that are there for me when no one else is including Balance & Composure, who I'd kill to see, considering I had tickets to their show in Boston before but wasn't able to make it. Being able to get to see all these artists and bands I love for free would be absolutely phenomenal. Artists like Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. I hate to be "that guy" but I listened to The Heist right after it came out and I loved it, and ironically I didn't like Thrift Shop, I thought it was one of the weaker tracks compared to Neon Cathedral or 10,000 Hours.

... I thought I was done writing this until I saw "Saves the Day" on the line-up. Holyyyyyy shit, what a band! Also, what a chance to get free and get wild to all these fantastic bands. Giving me tickets isn't just giving me tickets, it's giving me the chance of a lifetime.
01:58 PM on 04/23/13
jorenstein
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I feel almost like putting down Fall Out Boy will be unoriginal and cliche but if i didn't put them down i would be lying. Not only am I excited that FOB is playing shows together i'm even more excited that they're playing a festival such as skate and surf. I think the history behind the festival along with the history behind fall out boy coincide perfectly with one another making their reunions a perfect match. I'm extremely excited that Skate and Surf is back, i think the festival embodies more than two days filled with music. I think it stands for the music, and how much the music means to all its fans. It shows that the underdogs can still succeed and that you don't necessarily need the biggest corporations backing your even to create something spectacular. I truly believe that the reunion of Skate and Surf with Fall out Boy headline will make music history, and hopefully i'll be fortunate enough to witness that.
01:59 PM on 04/23/13
mattlieberman7
matt lieberman
User Info.
Skate and surf this year is full of so many great acts. Artists such as balance and composure, into it over it, transit and so on. They all contain the natural talent and passion that I think seeing at a live show is truly moving. Another reason is because I could see fall out boy. I grew up listening to them and they've influenced my life and played an huge part in making me, me and I'm dying to see them live.
Oh and I skate.
01:59 PM on 04/23/13
julietremain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I want to see Leathermouth. I love that band and have never had the chance to see them live and I am scared I never will. When I listen to them it's like I go into another mind set and everything can just go to hell and I wouldn't care.. Seeing Leathermouth live would mean more to me than I could really put into words. I never thought they would play another show and now that they are I can't afford to get tickets right now (figures) Frank Iero is one of my favorite musicians and his live performances are so full of life I get excited just thinking about it.
02:00 PM on 04/23/13
Oopz
Joe Shick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Been wanting to see Fall Out Boy since I was 16, I'm 23 now and still haven't had the chance to do it. Also very interested to see what LIGHTS is like live, really enjoy all her albums. Transit playing this also is really exciting, bands good and deserves more recognition then they have. Oh ya, PICK ME
Killerkid64
Jesus is awesome. Just sayin'.
User Info.
I'm already going to see FOB in September so I'll be looking forward to that but it's between A Day To Remember and Glassjaw. I have seen neither. I know ADTR is a force to be reckoned with, and I got into Glassjaw thanks to Chris from Underoath. So either one of those guys.
billybaumle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's definitely a toss up between a few. Balance and Composure's recent split with Braid was absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to hear 'You Can't Fix Me' and 'Say' live. Then again, 'Please Remain Calm' was my AOTY for 2012; and the recently released 'Jar' by Daylight will almost definitely by my AOTY for 2013.
monicax520
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
im most excited to see Fall Out Boy. i was still kinda young when i first got into FOB but it just happened that they went on hiatus a few months later, but now they're back! im super stoked about Of Mice and Men and Transit too. Skate and Surf is basically a stationary Warped for people in NJ which is pretty awesome. with the return of both Skate and Surf and FOB the festival is surely gonna make headlines, glad its back!
02:01 PM on 04/23/13
Killerkid64
Jesus is awesome. Just sayin'.
User Info.
Oh, snap, Leathermouth is going to be there too? Now I'm stoked.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos