Password
ABSOLUTExclusive News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 58 of 58.
05:38 PM on 04/25/13
sas1991
Prime Sometimer
User Info.
Can Envy on the Coast come back?
Im so sick of people saying this lol. It disrespects NK in so many ways. Eotc and nk have no relation besides ryan hunter as the vocalist. Bands break up, change styles, get into different shit. Me as a person, eotc changed my life. Every member of it. And as a true fan, i understand they couldnt make it work after dan left and alot of creative differences, ect. Eotc was what they were for as long as they were for a reason. That music is a treasure to music always and if they ever wanted to do a reunion, right on. But if they dont feel creativly comfy together, i wouldnt want it. Thats why ive never said OMG I MISS EOTC GET BACK TOGETHER because it wont do anything lol i love NK and the chill funky style and as a fan of eotc, nk satisfies me and always suprises me as did eotc.
05:44 PM on 04/25/13
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
Anyone getting a One Day As A Lion vibe from this?
Definitely. Really miss that project, their EP was solid.
06:13 PM on 04/25/13
rememberthetime
User Info.
getting some nu metal vibes.
07:26 PM on 04/25/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Im so sick of people saying this lol. It disrespects NK in so many ways. Eotc and nk have no relation besides ryan hunter as the vocalist. Bands break up, change styles, get into different shit. Me as a person, eotc changed my life. Every member of it. And as a true fan, i understand they couldnt make it work after dan left and alot of creative differences, ect. Eotc was what they were for as long as they were for a reason. That music is a treasure to music always and if they ever wanted to do a reunion, right on. But if they dont feel creativly comfy together, i wouldnt want it. Thats why ive never said OMG I MISS EOTC GET BACK TOGETHER because it wont do anything lol i love NK and the chill funky style and as a fan of eotc, nk satisfies me and always suprises me as did eotc.
Maybe a tad more passionate than I would have said it, but I agree.

And it's that reason that I'm more or less against reunions and the like. To me, reunions of old line-ups is just our scene's version of Hollywood's sequels - it's easy money and unoriginal content. I'd much rather hear the NEXT project from a musician than the last.

One person who's doing it right: Evan Weiss. Dude just keeps making new music, with new people, under new names. And what's happened? The fans follow him.

I need to write a bigger article on this.
07:42 PM on 04/25/13
logantogovcentr
--
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is pretty rad. Different, but at least someone is sticking their neck out to do it. Ryan's a talented dude, and if Billy's still in this band, dude grooves real heavy. Excited for this release. Also, you gotta check out Ryan's stuff as quiett dog. My dude covers a Rahzel song and it's unreal.
07:43 PM on 04/25/13
Short-Lived
User Info.
This really just doesn't do anything for me. Then again I never really did see what the big deal was with Envy anyway.
07:44 PM on 04/25/13
aoftbsten
Go Buffs.
User Info.
Certainly wasn't expecting that. Will need more listens to digest, but I'll give them credit for pushing boundaries at least.
07:47 PM on 04/25/13
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
User Info.
Not feeling it.

This grew on me SO MUCH.
How many listens did it take before you eventually liked this song?
07:56 PM on 04/25/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Not feeling it.

How many listens did it take before you eventually liked this song?
Probably 2-3? The first listen is a little jarring from Ryan's vocal style. The second is more welcoming, and by the third, I was into it. I've jammed the song maybe 20 times today. The fuzz and groove just work for me.
09:42 PM on 04/25/13
Merve
Pennycan Champion
User Info.
I'm glad that Ryan Hunter is branching out, but this is just not my jam.
10:45 PM on 04/25/13
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Sounds like Envy on the Coast, N*E*R*D, and One Day as a Lion had a baby.
I can get down to this.
12:09 PM on 04/26/13
Thursdaysox
Sleep Well
User Info.
those are some powerful 3 notes right there. just no.
07:42 PM on 04/27/13
CrypticHistory
User Info.
those are some powerful 3 notes right there. just no.
The issue isn't that the song is too simple because simplicity can be redeeming in many ways when done right. The problem is the song is just not pleasant on the ears at all. I felt exhausted after 3 plays and it still didn't grow on me at all. Just not my thing I guess. It's a shame because I actually enjoyed the Basement tapes or w/e they released in the past.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS