AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Wonder Years News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Wonder Years
Inside AP.net

Mike Kennedy (The Wonder Years Drummer) Launches...

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (04/29/13)
Michael Kennedy, drummer for The Wonder Years, is doing his first-ever 5K run for charity in Montgomery County, PA. "The Exercise Doesn't Suck 5K" will take place on June 2, and participation in the event is limited to only 30 people. Send an email if you're interested in participating. Kennedy said in a detailed statement, which you can read fully in the replies, that this is a test-run for hopefully bigger charity events in the future.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
09:03 AM on 04/29/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
From Mike Kennedy, Bad Friend and Charitable GuySunday, June 2nd, I will be hosting the first ever "Exercise Doesn’t Suck 5K" at a park in Montgomery County, PA. Participation will be $10, of which every penny of profit will be donated to the Agatston Urban Nutrition Initiative. This is an organization that works to improve understanding and apllication of healthy lifestyle chocies and nutrition amongst young people in West Philadelphia.

We’re gonna meet up at 10 am and run/walk/skip/crawl 3.2 miles together. Your level of physical fitness is absolutely a nonissue. While this is technically going to be a race, camaraderie rather than competition will be the theme of the day. Everyone is encouraged to go as slow or fast as they feel comfortable and myself and (hopefully) several other familiar faces will be back and forth throughout the “race”, struggling right beside you. At the end of the race we’ll have a small picnic of food so good, you would never believe it was good for you. We’ve all seen each other at shows throughout the years, so lets go hangout and do something good for our bodies and our local community for a few hours on a (presumably) sunny Sunday afternoon.

Email me at edsuck123@gmail.com if you would like to attend and you will receive a confirmation message and the rest of the required information. Bring 10 bucks cash to the park (that sounds sketchy), and we will have an awesome afternoon together. That simple. Space is limited to 30 participants, so no dillydallying.

This is not some fancy dancy, big production thing. I want a small group of us to have a fun and healthy afternoon together, that is all. This is a test run for a larger idea, so the location information will only be given to participants. If this goes well I hope to have a much larger, general admission 5K, later this summer, but for now, yeah. Permits are expensive.

Editor’s note: Since Michael Kennedy is a bad friend, we must inform you that Soupy may not necessarily physically be at this event. He feels this is important to point out.
09:08 AM on 04/29/13
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
This is a really rad idea for anyone in the area.
09:14 AM on 04/29/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Neat
09:37 AM on 04/29/13
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
If my name was "ed" I would be mad emailing you back. haha

Great cause hope all goes well !!
09:42 AM on 04/29/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Awesome
09:43 AM on 04/29/13
kmonkey2
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thats a really neat idea, I hope it turns out well.
10:09 AM on 04/29/13
WhitefalconTLE
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I live 5 minutes away from Montgomery county technically, but it's also a large county so who knows if I'd be close. I'm kinda interested though for sure. Either way I hope people have a great time, and hopefully they can get this to be a larger event in the near future
11:18 AM on 04/29/13
absolution
User Info.
Emailed. Awesome idea for an awesome and important cause. I am guessing this will be in Valley Forge?
11:49 AM on 04/29/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
only 30 people? I guess it's just a test for something bigger though. cool idea.
01:26 PM on 04/29/13
AnotherPlanet
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Guess hes not such a bad friend after all.
05:52 PM on 04/29/13
pissand409
User Info.
This is really cool of him
10:32 AM on 04/30/13
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
User Info.
This sounds awesome. Wish I could do it.
04:38 PM on 05/04/13
RunningFool
Hurry up with my damn croissant
User Info.
I wonder if he knows that a 5k is 3.1 miles, not 3.2.

If I lived anywhere near that I would show up and win, and then afterward I would feel awkwardly embarrassed for having won and no one would talk to me.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums