AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 59
08:03 AM on 04/29/13
MattArkin
User Info.
I really don't understand the overwhelming amount of hatred for this change. People bitching about the location itself: it's a 12 mile difference. Unless you're walking that distance, I think you'll be ok. People bitching about the line-up: that hasn't changed, so why the sudden (increased) whininess about it? I can't say I'm too thrilled about some of the acts, but that's life. If you expect to like every band on any fest, you're going to have a bad time. I just don't get why everyone is flipping their lid about this.
i was actually planning on walking to this as the initial location is right down the street from my house haha. so kinda sucks that i have to drive there now. but free rides, i'll take that.
08:21 AM on 04/29/13
ACA
Next Show: RIOT FEST CHICAGO!!!!!!!
User Info.
I'm going to see Bayside, Saves the Day, Balance & Composure, Glassjaw, Streetlight Manifesto, and RxBandits. I'll definitely try to catch Mixtapes, Cartel, Daylight, Hostage Calm, Fall Out Boy, and I Call Fives.

Based on that, is there anyone else I should check out?
08:24 AM on 04/29/13
kailaSUPAHrad
User Info.
I'm actually really excited for this change!
08:25 AM on 04/29/13
avengedtbs
May your music break my eardrums
User Info.
Isn't like all form of crown movement banned at six flags concerts as well?
08:35 AM on 04/29/13
themagicrat
Winnie Cooper is a goddamned whore
User Info.
Great Adventure blows so hard. The place has gotten really horrible over the last ten years.
08:37 AM on 04/29/13
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Classic John D mismanagement.
08:38 AM on 04/29/13
ACA
Next Show: RIOT FEST CHICAGO!!!!!!!
User Info.
Classic John D mismanagement.

accurate
08:39 AM on 04/29/13
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Poor Cartel on the billing.
08:41 AM on 04/29/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
I really don't understand the overwhelming amount of hatred for this change. People bitching about the location itself: it's a 12 mile difference. Unless you're walking that distance, I think you'll be ok. People bitching about the line-up: that hasn't changed, so why the sudden (increased) whininess about it? I can't say I'm too thrilled about some of the acts, but that's life. If you expect to like every band on any fest, you're going to have a bad time. I just don't get why everyone is flipping their lid about this.
Well, I'm assuming people are pissed since they got hotels in the Freehold area and signed up for the shuttle service. Now they have to drive to Six Flags and take that shuttle instead of walking outside and getting it outside their hotel. For me driving, it's another 30 minutes. Where I live, instead of 45 minutes, it's now an hour 15 possibly 30 depending on traffic.
08:52 AM on 04/29/13
jrtbighurt
[SOMEONEcallANambulance]
User Info.
This sucks. Got a hotel 13 miles away from Freehold, now it'll be 30 miles? And the new addition Mayday Parade? Really? Where are all the "reunions". So, so glad they are offering refunds. Will save me about 400 bucks for that weekend.
09:01 AM on 04/29/13
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Wow. Timeflies is blowing the fuck up.
09:15 AM on 04/29/13
PillsAndAdvice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well, I'm assuming people are pissed since they got hotels in the Freehold area and signed up for the shuttle service. Now they have to drive to Six Flags and take that shuttle instead of walking outside and getting it outside their hotel. For me driving, it's another 30 minutes. Where I live, instead of 45 minutes, it's now an hour 15 possibly 30 depending on traffic.
I certainly understand not being happy about having to go further, but a lot of people on the S&S Facebook are acting like someone shot their dog. So little of importance is being changed that I really wonder what in the hell some of these people were expecting in the first place.
09:22 AM on 04/29/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
I certainly understand not being happy about having to go further, but a lot of people on the S&S Facebook are acting like someone shot their dog. So little of importance is being changed that I really wonder what in the hell some of these people were expecting in the first place.
Well it is kind of unheard of to change a festival 3 weeks before it's happening. I try to stay positive but the SnS Facebook page is killing me slowly. I just saw that if you have will call tickets (I'm assuming everyone does since that was the only option on the weekend passes), you'd have to drive to Freehold on the Thursday or Friday before the event and pick them up. That is incredibly stupid to do that. I hope it's changed to 6 flags the day of.
09:28 AM on 04/29/13
MikeYabs
We are the only friends we have
User Info.
Well it is kind of unheard of to change a festival 3 weeks before it's happening. I try to stay positive but the SnS Facebook page is killing me slowly. I just saw that if you have will call tickets (I'm assuming everyone does since that was the only option on the weekend passes), you'd have to drive to Freehold on the Thursday or Friday before the event and pick them up. That is incredibly stupid to do that. I hope it's changed to 6 flags the day of.
This is my one big issue with the change. Not looking forward to an extra trip just to pick up my tickets before the festival.
10:03 AM on 04/29/13
Chuck!
In Chip We Trust
User Info.
Jesus Christ, this is like three weeks away and they're making changes like this. And how in the world is Mayday Parade worthy of being some type of special guest?

Everyone who's going, though, should be riding El Toro, because it's fucking awesome

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos