Password
Exclusive News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 59.
10:18 AM on 04/29/13
holdyourbreathx
Next show: Basement
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
At first I was jazzed because Six Flags is not only closer to me but come on, roller coasters AND skate and surf? But then I realized that I would still have to go to Freehold to pick up my tickets either way. Well, that's a problem for me considering I live an hour and a half away from Freehold and I have finals the week before skate and surf. For someone who bought their tickets super early because of their faith in John D, driving to Freehold a day before the show in order to pick up your tickets doesn't feel much like the VIP experience to me. I'm still going but they should really try and fix the will-call option.
10:35 AM on 04/29/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
This is my one big issue with the change. Not looking forward to an extra trip just to pick up my tickets before the festival.
I hope John changes that. Maybe set up a table outside of the festival area for day of pick up? Even if we have to go to Freehold, make it the day of.
10:35 AM on 04/29/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Wish I could go. MP are really good live and just when it seemed they would never be able to live up to ALIR they released their self-titled. Have a mad amount of respect for this band over quite a lot in that scene.
11:09 AM on 04/29/13
Penguin
@PenguinGengar
User Info.
Sigh, Mayday Parade

I wish they were still good

Not a fan of the self-titled?
11:11 AM on 04/29/13
Takuto
User Info.
I really don't understand the overwhelming amount of hatred for this change. People bitching about the location itself: it's a 12 mile difference. Unless you're walking that distance, I think you'll be ok. People bitching about the line-up: that hasn't changed, so why the sudden (increased) whininess about it? I can't say I'm too thrilled about some of the acts, but that's life. If you expect to like every band on any fest, you're going to have a bad time. I just don't get why everyone is flipping their lid about this.

Have you ever been to a 6 Flags concert? It's literally targeted to 12-14 year olds. I know this is still SnS but it's in 6 Flags which means there will be no moshing, crowd surfing, etc. People who think SnS will be the exception are delusional (they didn't even allow it for FestEvil). 6 Flags is not going to give up their policy for one event. I'm glad they're giving refunds because I lost interest a month ago and now I can study for my finals. Considering how small the 6 Flags venue is, ticket sales must have been horrible. RIP to Skate and Surf.
11:19 AM on 04/29/13
shannomu
no sense and all pretend
User Info.
I'll drive an extra 12 miles/15 minutes for free coasters.
11:26 AM on 04/29/13
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
Have you ever been to a 6 Flags concert? It's literally targeted to 12-14 year olds. I know this is still SnS but it's in 6 Flags which means there will be no moshing, crowd surfing, etc. People who think SnS will be the exception are delusional (they didn't even allow it for FestEvil). 6 Flags is not going to give up their policy for one event. I'm glad they're giving refunds because I lost interest a month ago and now I can study for my finals. Considering how small the 6 Flags venue is, ticket sales must have been horrible. RIP to Skate and Surf.
The fact that it's not within the grounds of the park makes me think they're not using Six Flags security and those rules won't apply. Could be wrong, but I get the feeling.
11:34 AM on 04/29/13
BallOutBoy
Post Modern Baseball
User Info.
The fact that it's not within the grounds of the park makes me think they're not using Six Flags security and those rules won't apply. Could be wrong, but I get the feeling.
Well, this is what it says on the S&S info/Q&A page:

WILL THERE BE SECURITY?

Yes. Festival security is being provided by Griffin's Security LLC. Want to connect with Griffin's Security prior to Skate and Surf Festival? Contact them on Facebook or Twitter (@GriffinsSec). Six Flags Theme Park Security will also be on site, along with EMS services.

So I'm not sure in what capacity the Six Flags security will be there, but it looks like they are not the main security.
11:38 AM on 04/29/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
The fact you have to go a day early to pick up your ticket is so shitty. Apologies to those who will do that.
11:44 AM on 04/29/13
BallOutBoy
Post Modern Baseball
User Info.
The fact you have to go a day early to pick up your ticket is so shitty. Apologies to those who will do that.
Turns out you don't have to. You can get them at the Six Flags box office the day of.
11:44 AM on 04/29/13
inajar
User Info.
So this is because tickets were selling or because they WERE NOT selling? Having it at Six Flags seems like a step back, no?
11:47 AM on 04/29/13
dX927
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
when I heard they were moving I assumed the Vengaboys were the Special Guest

12:06 PM on 04/29/13
Takuto
User Info.
I hoping it is for everyone else who is still going. I got my money back so I'm satisfied.
12:07 PM on 04/29/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
So this is because tickets were selling or because they WERE NOT selling? Having it at Six Flags seems like a step back, no?
I gotta go with selling. If they weren't selling, what was Freehold's problem? They're being very vague on the sudden change of venues. Their cover photo has the phrase, "By Popular Demand". Who demanded this? Also I'm glad we can pick up tickets the day of now. It's also strange how they're not doing it in the North Star Arena area where they hold most concerts.
12:44 PM on 04/29/13
PillsAndAdvice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Moshing is stupid. Crowd surfing is stupid. Whether it is there or not has no bearing to me personally. The line-up hasn't changed, so how is it being marketed any different? Seriously, aside from the actual physical location, it's the same damn thing.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests