AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Line-up Change News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit Add Guitarist

Posted by - 05:33 PM on 04/29/13
Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit have added guitarist Sadler Vaden in preparation for their upcoming summer tour--dates are in the replies. Isbell releases his second solo album Southeastern on June 11 via Thirty Tigers.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
05:33 PM on 04/29/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Tour Dates5/4 - Huntsville, AL - Crossroads Cafe
5/17 - Tulsa, OK - Tulsa Mayfest
5/19 - Gulf Shores, AL - Hangout Fest
5/22-23 - New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
6/6 - Bowling Green, KY - The Warehouse at Mt. Victor
6/7 - Louisville, KY - Iroquois Ampitheater
6/13-15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo
6/16 - Croton-on-Hudson, NY - Clearwater Festival
6/19 - St. Louis, MO - Off Broadway
6/20 - Kansas City, MO - Crossroads
6/22 - Monterey, CA - Monterey Americana Music Fest
6/25 - Akron, OH - Musica
6/26 - Columbus, OH - Skully's
6/27 - Ann Arbor, MI - The Ark
6/30 - Charleston, WV - Mountain Stage
7/1 - Alexandria, VA - The Birchmere Bandstand
7/2 - Raleigh, NC - Lincoln Theatre
7/3 - Charlotte, NC - Visulite Theatre
7/5 - Charleston, SC - Pour House
7/26 - Floyd, VA - FloydFest 13
7/27 - Newport Folk Festival
8/9 - Wilkes-Barre, PA - Kirby Center
05:46 PM on 04/29/13
GlassyLight
King of Wrangling
User Info.
Jason Isbell is fantastic. See him live immediately.

That is all.
06:34 PM on 04/29/13
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
Second tour announced today I would love to see that isn't coming to Florida.
06:37 PM on 04/29/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Dude plays near me a ton, be jealous haha
01:26 AM on 04/30/13
mjphotography
Summer in Dublin! WTF?
User Info.
Absolutely fantastic musician and overall nice guy. Wrote dome of the best Drive-By Truckers songs imho, Goddamn Lonely Love and Decoration Day are still their best songs.

Southeastern will be his fourth solo album though, he released Sirens of the Ditch as Jason Isbell, followed by the eponymous debut and Here we Rest as Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
05:41 AM on 04/30/13
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
one of the best in the whole industry. but i would have preferred him to add another instrument... between him and the part-time keys/part-time guitar guy they really have the whole guitar thing down
07:05 AM on 04/30/13
mikeXXXnj
jesus fucking christ
User Info.
no jersey. but whatever, I'll check out Clearwater Festival
10:07 AM on 04/30/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Absolutely fantastic musician and overall nice guy. Wrote dome of the best Drive-By Truckers songs imho, Goddamn Lonely Love and Decoration Day are still their best songs.

Southeastern will be his fourth solo album though, he released Sirens of the Ditch as Jason Isbell, followed by the eponymous debut and Here we Rest as Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
Nah this is being billed as his second solo album actually haha. Not a big difference though.

one of the best in the whole industry. but i would have preferred him to add another instrument... between him and the part-time keys/part-time guitar guy they really have the whole guitar thing down

Personally, I'm really happy they added a second guitarist--a punchier live sound is totally welcome.

Anyway Here We Rest was a sleeper of a record that became one of my all-time favorites over the course of severa months...hoping the same is true of this one.
10:47 AM on 04/30/13
mjphotography
Summer in Dublin! WTF?
User Info.
Nah this is being billed as his second solo album actually haha. Not a big difference though.

Yup you're right. It is his second Album as simply Jason Isbell. Looks like it was recorded without The 400 Unit and he won't be touring with them this time.
10:51 AM on 04/30/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Yup you're right. It is his second Album as simply Jason Isbell. Looks like it was recorded without The 400 Unit and he won't be touring with them this time.
Nah I think he is touring with them this time actually haha
11:18 AM on 04/30/13
mjphotography
Summer in Dublin! WTF?
User Info.
Nah I think he is touring with them this time actually haha

Not according to his website though. The album is billed as a solo effort and it says that

Quote:
Isbell will be performing with a full band that will include mainstays Derry deBorja (keyboards), Chad Gamble (drums) and Jimbo Hart (bass), along with new guitarist Sadler Vaden.

Probably in the same fashion he performed on the "Live in Alabama" record.

Doesn't really matter though. Dude's awesome and it will be great to see him live again.Hope he'll hit Éire as well :)
11:34 AM on 04/30/13
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.

Personally, I'm really happy they added a second guitarist--a punchier live sound is totally welcome.

Anyway Here We Rest was a sleeper of a record that became one of my all-time favorites over the course of severa months...hoping the same is true of this one.
Yeah, but imagine how punchy it would be with a HORN PLAYER! or just bring his wife on fiddle and backgrounds! either way, i am obviously stoked for another guitar too, especially cuz he is hitting MI for the first time i can ever remember
11:41 AM on 04/30/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Yeah, but imagine how punchy it would be with a HORN PLAYER! or just bring his wife on fiddle and backgrounds! either way, i am obviously stoked for another guitar too, especially cuz he is hitting MI for the first time i can ever remember
Haha yeah true. Amanda plays with the band a lot, actually

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version