Username
Password
Album Info. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

Pusha T Album Release Date

Posted by: Jake Jenkins (04/29/13)
It looks like we can expect Pusha T's highly anticipated debut solo album My Name Is My Name on July 16, 2013 via Def Jam/G.O.O.D. Music.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
05:43 PM on 04/29/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Whooooo! Best day.
06:08 PM on 04/29/13
Yontsey
This Awkward Silence / Dustin
User Info.
Muy bien.
06:31 PM on 04/29/13
Nardes
User Info.
Hmmm. Now that throws a wrench in the plans for Kanye. I doubt he'd want his album out around the same time as Pusha(my thinking just because they're both GOOD music), and if Kanye debuts a new track around SNL that'd make me think a new album would be due around July. Or am I just looking too far into this?
06:35 PM on 04/29/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Hmmm. Now that throws a wrench in the plans for Kanye. I doubt he'd want his album out around the same time as Pusha(my thinking just because they're both GOOD music), and if Kanye debuts a new track around SNL that'd make me think a new album would be due around July. Or am I just looking too far into this?
for all we know, kanye's album could come out in a week. we'll have to wait and see what his plans are.
07:31 PM on 04/29/13
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
Not gonna get my hopes up too high. It could definitely be great though.
07:59 PM on 04/29/13
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
I bet yeezy will come out with it in the fall. He put out Power a while before MBDTF
08:59 PM on 04/29/13
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Most anticipated until Yeezy is confirmed.
10:51 PM on 04/29/13
BusterBluth
@edgarallentoe
User Info.
same
05:25 AM on 04/30/13
Burnout2888
...has a gambling problem
User Info.
"My Name Is My Name"

The Wire reference?
09:35 AM on 04/30/13
halfeaten
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Why would it be due around July? That does not line up with Kanye's or even Def Jams approach to build buzz.
They've always done the same thing with their top 5 biggest acts; An odd single out well in advance, to be able to use the reaction to angle the record. Power came out what, six months before the record? So yeah, if he debuts one on SNL, you can count on it to be a big "statement" of a song and the record to follow just about 6-12 months later.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Remember Jockin' Jay-Z? That was supposed to be the big lead-in to Blueprint 3 and the failure of that song made them re-do half the record, with D.O.A being the new lead-in. It's a very smart and effective way to put out a record. I mean, I definitely thought Jockin' Jay-Z to be the perfect lead-in at the time.
02:36 PM on 04/30/13
WarmThoughts
You wont break my mind just yet,
User Info.
Im pretty psyched for this, not sure I could get into Clipse but maybe I didnt give it enough time but this might change things for me and Pusha,
07:29 PM on 04/30/13
Spartan789013
I should be proper for a change
User Info.
This is gonna be awesome.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT