AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Victory Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Bury Your Dead's "Cover Your Tracks" on Vinyl

Posted by - 07:14 PM on 04/30/13
Bury Your Dead's Cover Your Tracks is now available on vinyl from Victory Records.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
07:36 PM on 04/30/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Really?
08:52 PM on 04/30/13
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Man, that's a new level of desperation.
09:25 PM on 04/30/13
nerd_drummer
Back off, man. I'm a scientist!
User Info.
lol why
09:33 PM on 04/30/13
Chuck!
In Chip We Trust
User Info.
This album rules. Victory sucks a pile of dicks. I'M CONFLICTED
09:48 PM on 04/30/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Yeah. Just stop already, Victory.
09:57 PM on 04/30/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Yeah. Just stop already, Victory.
Releasing a Bury Your Dead album on vinyl is almost as ridiculous as... Releasing a Bury Your Dead album on vinyl. It actually doesn't get much more ridiculous. It would be kind of funny just to be able to say that you had it though haha.
11:22 PM on 04/30/13
AugustDivision
User Info.
This is easily one of my favorite metalcore records but I am not so sure I'll be picking it up since it's Victory.. but then, I've bought other stuff from Victory, so. Damn, DO I BUY IT?
11:35 PM on 04/30/13
AugustDivision
User Info.
Releasing a Bury Your Dead album on vinyl is almost as ridiculous as... Releasing a Bury Your Dead album on vinyl. It actually doesn't get much more ridiculous. It would be kind of funny just to be able to say that you had it though haha.
Bury Your Dead is 10x heavier than Parkway Drive.
12:31 AM on 05/01/13
KillHipsters
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tony Brummel needs a new suit, everyone buy this vinyl A$AP...
04:16 AM on 05/01/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Screw victory. Regardless of people's opinion of the band (personally never heard of them but I don't listen to metalcore) victory records needs to go under.
06:02 AM on 05/01/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Bury Your Dead is 10x heavier than Parkway Drive.
Let me clear two things up for you:

1. My name is not a Parkway Drive reference (though I see how you could think it was).
2. No, no they're not (and I have no clue how you could think that they are).

I'm definitely a Bury Your Dead fan, don't get me wrong. I just don't see their fan base as people that would go apeshit over a vinyl release.
06:04 AM on 05/01/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I'm not against hardcore vinyl so much (after all, we have lots of B9 releases on vinyl) even though this sounds a bit silly. My point is mostly that he just needs to stop in general. After that SM fiasco he just goes on with business as usual and it's so obnoxious/a fucking slap in the face.
06:31 AM on 05/01/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
I'm not against hardcore vinyl so much (after all, we have lots of B9 releases on vinyl) even though this sounds a bit silly. My point is mostly that he just needs to stop in general. After that SM fiasco he just goes on with business as usual and it's so obnoxious/a fucking slap in the face.

I'm slightly biased just because I already see vinyl re-releases as kind of a cash grab by labels in general. Sometimes it can be legit, like if the band really wants a vinyl release when they put out the album, but overall I'm not a fan of the vinyl re-release. I inherited some great hardcore vinyl from my cousin (lots of Revelation Records stuff and some B9) but all stuff that was originally released on vinyl, and I don't listen to it anyway cause I don't have a turntable.

I don't think anything is wrong with people wanting to collect vinyl, that's rad. I just think it's weak when a label will do something like re-releasing a Bury Your Dead album on vinyl. It's just an obvious cash grab.

This article kinda sums it up for me (you've probably already read it): http://www.avclub.com/articles/has-t...too-far,93610/
06:46 AM on 05/01/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I'm slightly biased just because I already see vinyl re-releases as kind of a cash grab by labels in general. Sometimes it can be legit, like if the band really wants a vinyl release when they put out the album, but overall I'm not a fan of the vinyl re-release. I inherited some great hardcore vinyl from my cousin (lots of Revelation Records stuff and some B9) but all stuff that was originally released on vinyl, and I don't listen to it anyway cause I don't have a turntable.

I don't think anything is wrong with people wanting to collect vinyl, that's rad. I just think it's weak when a label will do something like re-releasing a Bury Your Dead album on vinyl. It's just an obvious cash grab.

This article kinda sums it up for me (you've probably already read it): http://www.avclub.com/articles/has-t...too-far,93610/
Right, he needs to stop because he's a terrible person which gets said everytime he's brought up haha. And thanks for the article link.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos