AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Info. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Pledge Nick Thomas' Kickstarter

Posted by - 02:47 PM on 05/06/13
There are only two days remaining to pledge for Nick Thomas' (The Spill Canvas) solo album on Kickstarter. You can view a video in the replies updating the progress on the project.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
02:47 PM on 05/06/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
02:57 PM on 05/06/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Stoked to hear this. Love his music still. Am I reading that right or did they already pass their goal?

Edit: oh shit. Didn't realize this had been going so long already haha. Whoops.
04:39 PM on 05/06/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The dude practically doubled his goal. Every band ever on kickfarter is sending dirty looks this mans way right about meow.
05:10 PM on 05/06/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Amazing how quickly this got funded.
06:52 AM on 05/07/13
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
I started a band. I need a guitar. I created a kick starter. Is that how rock and roll is now-a-days? This shit is so stupid!

PS Lets keep in mind, this guys is telling everyone how they MADE this possible but yet the kickstarter hasn't ended so he hasn't seen any money yet... but they have already been recording and making songs? That doesn't make sense. So you had the funds but are making other people pay you back for your art; good job!
i don't care at all about artists using kickstarter... they can work for whoever they want to make money, in my opinion. but that being said, i will defend this guy...

recording a solo record for someone like him (with equipment already and access to musicians and producers) would be easy enough to finance on a credit card once you know that your kickstarter is funded and you WILL receive the money for sure by a certain date. i am sure that most of the money is not going to the recording but to pay for all off the reproduction, manufacturing, shipping, etc of the physical rewards as well as everyone who he is paying to help him with the release.
07:26 PM on 05/09/13
tefarez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
congrats dude

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT